Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Interstate 76 installing problem on XP

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Interstate 76 installing problem on XP

Postby Joeyxp2 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:03 am

I have managed to get the cd of this game and when I try to install it the setup tells me that this product is not for my operating system. How do I get around this and let it install?

I have heard of other people testing this on XP and saying it works fine. So basically, I need some help.
Last edited by Joeyxp2 on Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby loki1985 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:34 am

when working in winXP, right-click the setup.exe you are trying to install, select 'properties', there go to the 'compatibility' tab, activate checkbox and select 'windows 95'. click 'apply'.

now it should work...
loki1985

Postby Joeyxp2 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:23 am

It still tells me:

Warning:
This product will not run on your operating system. Please contact Activision for information on versions of this product localized to work with your operating system.

Then it just closes after I press OK. And this is with compatibility set to Win 95 and I have already tested Win 98 which also won't work. Is there a place I can get a correct running version?
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby hfric » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:36 am

:x nope it will only run under win 95/98 or ME
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Joeyxp2 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:20 am

That's not true, as I said before other people have mentioned that they got this working on XP. I have seen other people label the game as XP-tested and works perfectly fine. Maybe the arsenal pack fixes it but I need a faq for getting this to install on XP.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby hfric » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:26 pm

:roll: yeah thats true the nitro pack fixes it but with out it , it will not work in XP so to play under xp u must install nitro pack on the interstate 67 so you must download the ISO not the stand alone rip :wink:
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Joeyxp2 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:31 pm

Wait a minute, can you tell me how to do that? If I have to install Nitro Pack over Interstate 76 that would be impossible because I can't install I76 let alone play it. What is the stand-alone iso? I already have the original cd image.
EDIT: I managed to get the kmzpub version and the patch. If I already have both of these will I still need to install Gold edition update and Nitro Pack or will it make it worse? I haven't tried the game yet.
I just tried the game without Gold edition and when I was at the part when someone told me to bomb something. I crashed into a lot of things and he said a bunch of comments and then it went back into the main menu. Is that natural like a game over or is it an error?
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby Joeyxp2 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:20 pm

I have obtained the Gold edition update for this game and I am trying to use it on the rip I found on kmzpub. It keeps telling me Interstate '76 is not properly installed, which directory should I put it in for it to update correctly? The CD version also does not allow me to perform installation on my PC since it's XP so I can't set up the game properly in order to install this patch. I also don't know a place where I could find the Arsenal.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby hfric » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:15 am

ok to help you i need to hear (read) what you are doing , step by step , when you install the cd version

edit : :roll: ahm just read that you actualy runned this game - one question what version rip or ISO (cd image) ,

Nitro Pack - its a game addon new cars , new missions and other stuff

I just tried the game without Gold edition and when I was at the part when someone told me to bomb something. I crashed into a lot of things and he said a bunch of comments and then it went back into the main menu. Is that natural like a game over or is it an error?

its a game over :P like in Mission Failed
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Joeyxp2 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:47 am

I downloaded the rip from kmzpub which I found at 3DSL and updated with the patch. Since the gold edition update wouldn't work on the game as it keeps telling me I76 is not properly installed, I would like instructions on installing the game from the ISO version.

There are my steps for installing the game:
I could not start the installation when I inserted the CD. A dialog would come up telling me that I76 is not compatible with Windows XP but the info for the game says that it's XP-tested so it is supposed to work. My guess is that I am required to do something first before installing.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby hfric » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:33 am

:roll: thats simple , mounth the cd , and then make the main install files from this game(example like setup.exe , install.exe or other that run the install menu ) , THAT ARE ON THIS CD in windows win 95/98 compability mode , this should help .

so to put it short

mount cd , set compability mode to win 95/98 to the setup files on the cd , and run setup
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Joeyxp2 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:01 am

I already tried this earlier as mentioned in this post
Joeyxp2 wrote:It still tells me:

Warning:
This product will not run on your operating system. Please contact Activision for information on versions of this product localized to work with your operating system.

Then it just closes after I press OK. And this is with compatibility set to Win 95 and I have already tested Win 98 which also won't work. Is there a place I can get a correct running version?
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby A-mak » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:12 am

joey, are you using windows xp pro? or home?

I had no problem getting interstate 76' to work on my computer, if I remember correctly I had to download a patch to get it to work properly, nothing google cant fix :)

Just to clerify things, is you're version a rip? or a iso (cd)?

Are you still trying to install the nitro pack? (I think I tried to but it failed to I gave up)

Are you trying to use the installer? or have you succsefully installed the original interstate 76'?
A-mak

Postby Joeyxp2 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:14 am

I am using Windows XP Pro with SP2. And I was trying to get the ISO version to work so I could install the Gold update on top of it. I have not installed Nitro Pack yet because I haven't got the original Interstate 76 to work yet. Could you help me with installing the ISO version?

The rip version of the original I76 runs fine but I am not able to install gold update on it which is the reason I am turning to the CD version so that's what I need help on.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Return to Games Support