Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Legacy Doom won't work

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Legacy Doom won't work

Postby Heretic » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:14 pm

Hi everybudy!

I found Doom Legacy on my PC bvut it won't work. Then I remembered my good old days @ TheMad and our link do 3DSL... :cool:
Well, let's get to my problem: I can start Legacy, but when I start a game after configuring everything, I only get the errors "A WAD file was not found" and "Your Doom3.wad file is version 0.0, you need version 1.32 Use the Doom3.wad comming from the same zip file of this exe Use -nocheckwadversion to remove this check, but this can cause Legacy to hang".
Of cause I have the the Doom3.wad comming from the same zip file so I wonder why this error won't let me play it...?!
Can anybody help me with that?
MfG<br>Heretic
Heretic

Postby V-man » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:26 pm

First you should decide if you really want to stay with Legacy. If you listen to me, you'll switch to another source port. And I hope that I can convince you.

The "Doom3" thing was dropped a while ago. But then again, you refer to v.1.32 - which is like 4 years old. IF you want to stick with Legacy, you might want to try a new version. (That's v.1.42 at the moment with 2.00 being delayed for more than a year...) You can download it here.

If nobody else on this board helps you, you'll be on your own then. I don't use Legacy (any more that is) and I will not.

You may however want to try out gzDoom. This is an much extended openGL port of zDoom. Thus it has the fancy graphics Legacy has. The newest version has added model-support as well. It can interpret Legacys "fraggle script" system, so if you still have maps that depend on this, you can continue to play them.

If you try it and run into trouble, feel free to ask me. I'm not a Doom guru, but I think it is likely that I can help you with the one game I've been faithfully playing since it came out 12 years ago... ;)
FreeDOS - A new generation of an "old" OS!
V-man

Postby Heretic » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm

First of all GREAT thanks for your help! :)
I see your a Frankfurter - I'm a Hamburger and I hope you won't eat me now... :P If it's ok we can switch to German. I'm very mutch better with that language... :wink:
Back to Doom - I'm a great old-game-collector and in the last weeks I have startet testing all my old games. That's why I ask about Legacy Doom... :wink:
MfG<br>Heretic
Heretic

Postby V-man » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:44 am

Heretic wrote:First of all GREAT thanks for your help! :)

No problem at all - you're welcome! I always try to help if I can. (And if there's anything I know, it's Doom! ;))

I see your a Frankfurter - I'm a Hamburger and I hope you won't eat me now... :P If it's ok we can switch to German. I'm very mutch better with that language... :wink:

I'm not a big friend of fastfood anyway. So you'e save! :twisted:
Na - to be serious, I'd suggest, that you send me a PM. We can of course write in German there. I don't like if people post stuff in forums that I don't understand. So I won't do the same to others. ;)

Back to Doom - I'm a great old-game-collector and in the last weeks I have startet testing all my old games. That's why I ask about Legacy Doom... :wink:

Ha! Sounds familiar "somehow"! ;) Same for me. Just that I've been part of the Doom community for... Well, quite a while now. If you want a few suggestions which Doom addons are the best or something like this, I'll gladly tell you about those that I collected over the past years.
FreeDOS - A new generation of an "old" OS!
V-man

Postby hurenBock » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:10 am

auch jemand aus dem rheinland anwesend ? :lol:
hurenBock

Return to Games Support