Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Dreamweb ISO version

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Dreamweb ISO version

Postby Shodan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:04 am

This is mighty perplexing. A few months ago I got the ISO version from Frenchkiss before it closed down and I ended up not being able to play it for reasons I'll explain soon. I grabbed this ISO and sure enough the same thing is happening. :S

I get it all kinds of installed and whenever I go to run it I use DOSBox (VDM sound starts whining about needing a certain amount of free memory which is just crazy since I have a lot of memory in my machine). Everytime I get through setting up DosBox to play it, the screen fades like it's going to actually load something and then nothing happens. I have the non-talkie version lying around so I can always go to that, but I really want to have the voice overs. :(
OwO
Shodan

Postby hfric » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:16 pm

use dosbox with D-fend
Code: Select all
http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm

it will help you config this game , D-fend its a config progi for dosbox for those that didn`t what to edit the INI file .
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Re: Dreamweb ISO version

Postby Skyrunner » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 pm

Shodan wrote:This is mighty perplexing. A few months ago I got the ISO version from Frenchkiss before it closed down and I ended up not being able to play it for reasons I'll explain soon. I grabbed this ISO and sure enough the same thing is happening. :S

I get it all kinds of installed and whenever I go to run it I use DOSBox (VDM sound starts whining about needing a certain amount of free memory which is just crazy since I have a lot of memory in my machine). Everytime I get through setting up DosBox to play it, the screen fades like it's going to actually load something and then nothing happens. I have the non-talkie version lying around so I can always go to that, but I really want to have the voice overs. :(

Did french kiss close down???That was a very nice abandonware site...Does anyone know anymore abandonware sites????I used to play dreamweb in my old 486 but now i think you should use dosbox or make a new partition and install windows 98...
Skyrunner

Postby Shodan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:34 pm

Thankies Hfric, I'll give it a shot and report my results.

@Skyrunner: Unfortunately Frenchkiss did completely close down. I was mighty upset because they were just about the only place I could find certain games (even Ebay and Moby didn't have them). Adventure Legends will no doubt become just as good if not better with all our assistance. :3
OwO
Shodan

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Shodan wrote: Adventure Legends will no doubt become just as good if not better with all our assistance. :3

Woohoo, that's the spirit! :D
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby hfric » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:09 pm

:roll: just you wait when i get my hands on my adventures that are on 3 or 7 cds :wink:
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby grupof0091 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:27 am

hey, i downloaded Redline Racer from Frenchkiss but what so bad luck that the game only and ¡ONLY! can run on a Pentium II. It is possible to re-program the game to make that runs on today machines? Could someone do that?, maybe i'm asking too much.

and sorry for that page closed, another good one that goes to crypt.!
grupof0091
Addicted Member

Postby hfric » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:46 pm

grupof0091 wrote:hey, i downloaded Redline Racer from Frenchkiss but what so bad luck that the game only and ¡ONLY! can run on a Pentium II. It is possible to re-program the game to make that runs on today machines? Could someone do that?, maybe i'm asking too much.

and sorry for that page closed, another good one that goes to crypt.!

they aren`t dead yet :lol: :roll: , anyway redline race works on win xp and my P4 ht (the only thing i had to do is to set the compability mode to windows 95)
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby grupof0091 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:49 pm

Oh, at less now i know that it works on some systems, thanks man :) Gonna prove it on other's friend pc's....
grupof0091
Addicted Member

Postby Shodan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:04 pm

I still can't seem to get it working. :( It's very confusing since the floppy version runs just fine. I grabbed D-Fend but it didn't seem to change anything (and now that I upgraded DOSBOX to .65 it isn't compatible anymore).

Whenever I try to run it without DOSBox it says that the game needs 590k of base memory and like I said on my first post I have much more than that. I hunted about for possible help on other forums but the only real suggestion I found didn't help at all. If Fraps would actually cooperate with me I'd make a movie of it to show you guys exactly what happens.
OwO
Shodan

Postby hfric » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:54 pm

like i said now you need to config the main file to give the extra mem to the sound card for the speech and the music , the flopy runs well becoz it needs only 569k to run this game and the flopy didn`t have the speech only music .

Well ok will install this one specialy and will post the config file with the needed mem OK
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Shodan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:13 pm

Thanks for your help. I feel silly for not knowing how to get it running since I haven't had a problem with a game in a long time. >_<
OwO
Shodan

Postby zoe » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:23 pm

Just found the following:
Code: Select all
This game works on Windows XP, but requires some alterations. The game is real naggy when it comes to memory. It requires at least 590K of free conventional memory. You can reach this in many ways, but the way I used is the following:

Go into your c:/windows/system32 directory, and find the file autoexec.nt. Make a copy of this in your dreamweb directory. Open it up in a text editor and put 'REM' in front of the following commands:

lh %SystemRoot%/system32/redir
lh %SystemRoot%/system32/dosx

Dreamweb doesn't use the network or DPMI so you don't need these.

Now rightclick on the dreamweb.exe file and check the following settings: compatibility mode on and set to win95, memory has EMS and XMS set to auto, and the most important one - on the tab program, click the 'advanced' button. you can select the autoexec and config files for this program here. Put in the complete location (for example c:\games\dreamweb\autoexec.nt) of where you put the autoexec.nt here. Run the game - it should work now.

Tested and approved with a french iso.. 10x Mr Google! Only problem, I got no sound this way..
Being too lazy to config the sound card emulation in autoexec.nt and as I don't have dosbox installed, I used VDMSound, created a shortcut and bingo.. it works !
zoe

Postby hfric » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:27 pm

:lol: work this way too :P :roll: but the new dosbox has some new cool thingis in it anyway GREAT WORK ZOE :mrgreen:
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Shodan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:27 pm

I tried that one but still had no luck. :\ I don't understand what I did wrong either. I tried it with the installation I got from somewhere else and it didn't work so now I'll try it with the one hfric posted.

Just to make sure I'm editing the autoexec.nt right, are those two lines now supposed to look like this?

REM lh %SystemRoot%/system32/redir
REM lh %SystemRoot%/system32/dosx
OwO
Shodan

Next

Return to Games Support