Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ A new Resident Evil 3 game

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

A new Resident Evil 3 game

Postby Juan Ra » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:15 pm

I have supose here.

I think in use a program to create digital pictures to modify all 1600 JPEG in RE3 to give more resolution and beter detailed back grounds in the game. Its a good idea but i ont know if this is possible. I try to find the first picture when Jill start the game and start with this.
Juan Ra

Postby dead-meat » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:56 pm

Where do you want to get the details from? If they're missing in the original lower-res images, how would you create details from those?
dead-meat

Postby Juan Ra » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:09 pm

In the folder EIDOS\Resident Evil 3\DATA_A\BSS\R10001

First i make an experiment and this is the result: I make a copy of this JPEG and send to My Documents in the original R10001 I write my name in the floor with MS Paint and open the file with a Photo viewer program. Save the file with the new graphics enchancements and send the file to the DATA_A\BSS folder.

After this I run the game from a save i made in the first tipe machine of the game. My name was writen in the flor and the all background look totally new. The detail of the tipe machine was awsome. I can see a complete machine, in the original background only see a deformed object.

JR
Juan Ra

Return to Games Support