Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Omikron: can't start a new game

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Omikron: can't start a new game

Postby crispian » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:33 pm

Hello, everybody! i am a newcomer in this forum but i still keep my faith in human kindness :D My problem is i fail to start a new game after watching the intro clip in Omikron. I always have the same blue screen desperately hanging my computer with permanent buzzing coming out from the speakers right after being involved in 'soul transfer'. I wonder if WinXP causes compatibility issues but the save files I found on the net work just fine ! Changing the graphic settings didn't help neither did checking 'win98 compatibility' in 'runtime.exe' properties. Hell i'm longing for playing my own game! Btw, my graphic card is ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.
So can anyone please send a save file made just in the beginning (as early as possible) of the game to crispian@yandex.ru or to upload it somewhere on the net? I gonna be much obliged! Wishing all of you tens of hours of great gameplay and hoping to join you in your adventures very soon! Thanks in advance, kind people!
crispian

microsoft application compatibility toolkit

Postby Liamoneal » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:41 am

Try downloading the microsoft application compatibility toolkit. It's worked for me on a lot of games.
Liamoneal

Postby NE0 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:19 pm

Had same problem (i assume you are refering to the ISO) after the soul transfer it would crash...i fixed it by installing a diferent driver for my graphics card...i have a save game but is not exactly from the begining... :?
NE0

Postby crispian » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:33 pm

2 Liamoneal: thank you, pal!! it's worked!! I can play Omikron alright now!! heard much about the compatibility toolkit but never thought an utility by MS can be this effective :lol:
crispian

Return to Games Support