Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Soldier of Fortune 2 = No Blood

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby mobileinfantry » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:13 am

First of all, it sounds obvious, but did you set gore to excessive in the menu screen? If you did, then thats unusual for it feature no blood on an australian pc......perhaps try dead-meats tip

Or simply start the game with "...sof2.exe +set console 1" Then in game enter the console and type "menu lock", press enter and here you go:

Me and two of my friends downloaded it, and distributed the 3DSL rip to upwards of 40 people through P2P, and it worked fine for all of them. [/quote]
mobileinfantry

Postby ElSchaddai » Thu May 11, 2006 1:36 pm

ok, the problem is this:
first, I can't get into the console when in game, because theres no key assigned to it (in fact theres not even a console comman to assign a key to).
second, even when using a so called "fixed blood" or "enable violence lock" .exe (for example the one from 3dsl), i can access the violence lock menu, but hes asking me for a password. which I don't have.
also theres no menu to set the factor of gore (like "excessive" or something).

here's what I did:
1. got the rip from 3dsl
2. extracted everything, extracted the so-called "violence lock remover" (which in fact didn't remove, but brought up the "violence lock menu") into the sof2 directory, overwriting the old sof2.exe
3. went into "violence lock" menu
4. was asked to enter password

so what? am I missing something?
there shouldn't be a password pre-entered, right?
as I learned from the web, one ought to enter a password during the installation of the game, but since I have the rip, there was no installation... so what would be the pass?
or what am I doing wrong?
ElSchaddai

Postby zoe » Thu May 11, 2006 6:00 pm

Try this:
- Start SoF2MP.exe
- Go to violence lock menu
- Click Enter then Set Password, leave the fields empty and click OK
- Exit
- Start SoF2.exe

It should work now :wink:
zoe

Postby hurenBock » Thu May 11, 2006 6:37 pm

yes i did the same and it worked as i did so

but the thing is i this just worked after i installed a bloodpatch that brings the us version models and sounds back into the game (german version has robots and no death sounds lol)

yeah some people may say now that those "cut" things not exist in the us version and thats right but the game dont ask me how or why but the game

spys out in which country your computer is

lol this is crap i couldnt get it work without that patch even the US/UK version like i said

and plz dont tell me i did something wrong i know i didnt
Idiots are just like the weather. You have to live with it.
hurenBock

Postby ElSchaddai » Thu May 11, 2006 7:02 pm

thank you so much, zoe! I hope noone is gonna kill you soon (get it? killing zoe harhar)
no really, thanks a lot! oddly enough the gore and everything was already activated in MP, and in SP he still doesn't accept my password. BUT! the effects are there and THEY STAY! (meaning I don't have to go to MP each time I want to play first)

now I can have some gory fun! :twisted: harharhar
ElSchaddai

Previous

Return to Games Support