Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Dinonauts

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Dinonauts

Postby Old_Schooler » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Another game from my favorite game publisher, Virgin Interactive. They actually dabbled in making children's games and, to my knowledge, this is one of the few, if not only, interactive interactive storybooks they published during their time as an active publisher.

It involves a stalwart group of dinosaurs who travel in space looking for a new planet to inhabit. Weird? Just remember this is a kid's game so suspend your belief.

I'd describe this as being something of a non-linear interactive storybook. Rather than it being read in a linear fashion, the game's story is decided by the player as to which order of planets they want to explore. It also includes a number of interactive activities (or minigames) which aren't essential to advance the story, but are mostly there for the sake of livening up the game's format.

So it's a storybook with some adventure gaming elements in it. Not a lot, but enough to warrant it an entry on the site in my humble opinion.

Box shot and information - http://kr.ioffer.com/i/dinonauts-cd-rom ... -183729807
Information - http://www.answers.com/topic/dinonauts
More information - http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=12976
Last edited by Old_Schooler on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby tim-brian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Computers have become a big part of that technology, from the more simplistic portable computerized toys to actual computer applications designed to help children acquire useful skills while promoting fun. Interactive books are among those applications
Last edited by tim-brian on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tim-brian

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Hmmm seems to be some spam accounts being created that post some something related to topic. :twisted:
Wonder what their purpose is...can't be good.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Old_Schooler » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 am

You know, spam bots aside, I suddenly got reminded that I uploaded all of the other games in this topic except for Dinonauts. Seeing as though it doesn't have an entry on the site yet and the others do, might as well get rid of this and just make this topic into a single game suggestion rather than a multiple one.

So now all I'm requesting is an entry be made for Dinonauts. Pretty easy-peezy now.

Thanks for the reminding me about this, Tim the spam bot.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:57 am

Well, the past several weeks I've been unable to add any new entries besides those with uploads since there's been many of them and they have priority. As soon as there's a week without too many new games not yet on site then it will get added. :wink:
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby InsaneFury » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Scaryfun wrote:Hmmm seems to be some spam accounts being created that post some something related to topic. :twisted:
Wonder what their purpose is...can't be good.
heh good thing I'm also experiencing backlog. The bot changed the post, applied his signature to it.

I made it go poof in this post now, would be interesting to see if it'll return! :P

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Return to Site Suggestions