Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ The Magic School Bus

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

The Magic School Bus

Postby Old_Schooler » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm

I've already upload a huge chunk of the Magic School Bus game series for Adventure Legends, though there are still other games in the series. Until they're uploaded, I thought it might be a good idea to have some game entries for the rest of the Magic School Bus games which will serve as a kind of placeholder for the other games until they're uploaded.

I've actually uploaded the rainforest Magic School Bus game, so, if any of you are wondering why I didn't include it on the list, now you know.

Anyway, here's all the essential information which should make making game entries for the rest of the Magic School Bus games (just four more games to upload and Adventure Legends will have the whole series) by Microsoft.

EDIT: Thanks to Basha's help, I've been able to upload all the Magic School Bus games onto 4shared. So this means that, give or take a few incomplete ISOs (The Magic School Bus Inside the Earth and The Magic School Bus Explores the Ocean,) all the Magic School Bus games have been uploaded for Adventure Legends.

Hooray!
Last edited by Old_Schooler on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 pm

I'll get around to adding entries for all the titles in the series once a backlog of uploaded new games get added. :thanks:
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Re: The Magic School Bus

Postby Basha » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Old_Schooler wrote:I've already upload a huge chunk of the Magic School Bus game series for Adventure Legends, though there are still other games in the series. Until they're uploaded, I thought it might be a good idea to have some game entries for the rest of the Magic School Bus games which will serve as a kind of placeholder for the other games until they're uploaded.

I will upload the rest on the server. I think 14~15 titles are in total, including a title only for Sega Saturn.

The question is I downloaded MSBE Inside the Earth and the archive has just a *.bin file and no *.cue. How do you burn a *.bin file?
Adventure is the Genre, Other are just Rounding-Off the Gaming Scene.
Basha

Postby zobraks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Basha wrote:The question is I downloaded MSBE Inside the Earth and the archive has just a *.bin file and no *.cue. How do you burn a *.bin file?
You can easily make a cue file if you have any other CUE file (*.cue) at hand. First you change the extension from CUE to TXT and open it with Notepad. Then (in the text of the CUE file) you change the name of the BIN file it is pointing to (for example "DRAC_1.BIN") to the name of the BIN file you don't have a CUE file for ("*.bin"). After that you save the TXT file and change its extension back to CUE. I tried this with CCD/CUE/IMG format (CloneCD) and it works - I believe it would also work with BIN/CUE format since the CUE file only shows which BIN should be mounted.

If this sounds complicated, just upload the BIN file and I'll make you a CUE file for it.

Edit: there are also special programs that can make CUE files for you, but I think there's no need to use them when the manual routine I described works.
zobraks

Postby Basha » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:10 pm

zobraks wrote:You can easily make a cue file if you have any other CUE file (*.cue) at hand.

At first I thought the same and created a *.cue file and burnt the bin with Nero, the CDRW I created didn't work and gave an error of some "unread Audio Track".

The rar archive has this file "Magic Schoolbus Inside the Earth.iso.bin" and no cue. The size is 388,765 KB and when I converted it into "ISO," the ISO was 338,516, which is exactly the size of the contents in the cd.

Now, I believe that the remaining 50,000 KB is some audio tracks, which the CUE file is not explaining.

So again, my question is that what program Old_Schooler used to create these *.bin files.

Edit: Checked the BIN file with CDmage and see THIS result showing errors.
Basha

Postby zobraks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Basha wrote:At first I thought the same and created a *.cue file and burnt the bin with Nero, the CDRW I created didn't work and gave an error of some "unread Audio Track".
Could you mount the image with DAEMONTools (for instance)? If you can do that then CUE file is OK.
I repeat: CUE file's only purpose is to show image-mounting program (like DAEMONTools) which BIN file it should mount.

I reckon something is wrong with that image (BIN file).
zobraks

Postby Basha » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 pm

zobraks wrote:I reckon something is wrong with that image (BIN file).

Yeah, exactly. I just checked all my other MBS series and all of them are around 50~60 mb larger than the size of files/folder contents within them, but non of them returned any errors when checked by CDmage.

BTW, my ISOs are in bin/cue format created by the trusted oldskool app called CDRWIN. :D

In our heydays, we had only two options to create ISO: for normal games without protection, CDRWIN and for Heavy protected games, we had my all time favorite CloneCD+Clony and that was all we needed. And yes Nero to generate remastered ISOs from RIPS.
Basha

Postby Old_Schooler » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Like most of the uploaders for Adventure Legends, this ISO isn't actually mine. I got it from another source and merely uploaded the ISO to a more reliable host in order for people to get it. That's something I've actually done with many of the uploads I've posted this year since many of them came from less than dependable sources such as Bittorrent, Emule, Rapidshare and Megaupload. In the case of this game, it came from Bittorrent.

If there are problems with the ISO, such as missing a cue file that plays the CD tracks, that is the fault of the person who ripped it in the first place. Since I didn't do that, any problems the ISO have belongs to that person and not me.

I actually noticed the ISO I uploaded of The Magic School Bus Explores the Ocean has the same problem. Again, it lacked a CUE file. So I played the ISO myself and, sure enough, the game relied on CD audio tracks which a CUE file would have enabled. But the ISO was the only ISO I could find on the internet, so I uploaded it anyway because, even though the lack of a CUE file with CD tracks made it incomplete, I knew it was the best the internet had to offer. Now it and "Inside the earth," are the best ISOs Adventure Legends has to offer at the moment.

Your best bet may be to just wait until maybe I get enough money to get the game (which may take a long time, considering my financial situation) and make an ISO with the CD audio tracks present, or, if you're lucky, someone else may beat me to it. In any event, you'll just have to wait for a more complete upload of the game.

Sorry for making you read all that, but I felt you deserved a good explaination for bringing this problem to my attention.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby Basha » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Old_Schooler wrote:Sorry for making you read all that, but I felt you deserved a good explaination for bringing this problem to my attention.

Hey hey, cheer up dude! No sweat, its just a game. I have all the others in imaculate conditions wait a few days until I upload the missing ones. I actually bought the whole set from GITEX (Gulf IT Expo) from Microsoft stall a couple of years back and they sold me the whole bundle (they said its the complete set) but I was surprised when I saw this particular title on Adventure Legend. No problem, I am buying it off Amazon right away for you. :roll:

Here you go: 9101900007540578567446
Basha

Postby Old_Schooler » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh, if the Magic School Bus: Whales and Dolphins comes with the pack, you don't need to worry about upping an ISO because I did that yesterday.

So, give or take a few imperect ISOs, we only have two more Magic School Bus games left to upload before we have the entire series. Exciting.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby Basha » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Old_Schooler wrote:So, give or take a few imperect ISOs, we only have two more Magic School Bus games left to upload before we have the entire series. Exciting.

Which ones are missing? I have all now, Total 14 titles.

Magic School Bus Discovers Flight
Magic School Bus Explores Bugs
Magic School Bus Explores in the Age of Dinosaurs
Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth
Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body
Magic School Bus Explores the Ocean
Magic School Bus Explores the Rainforest
Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System
Magic School Bus Explores the World of Animals
Magic School Bus: In Concert
Magic School Bus: Lands on Mars
Magic School Bus: Volcano Adventure
Magic School Bus: Whales and Dolphins

and 1 for Sega Saturn
Basha

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:13 pm

The two listed in first post are ones missing....
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Old_Schooler » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 am

Plus, as we've already discussed, the ISOs for the Magic School Bus Inside the Earth and The Magic School Bus Explore the Ocean are complete ISOs, but lack the CUE files which enable CD audio tracks to be played during the game.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby InsaneFury » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm

try renaming the actual image file to .iso instead? Perhaps someone renamed it badly ('hide known file extensions' in Windoze being the culprit)...

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby Old_Schooler » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 pm

I've already gone and reuploaded all the Magic School Bus games that were missing the CUE file (again, huge props go to Basha for providing the updated ISOs.) So the crisis is averted.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Next

Return to Site Suggestions