Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Warriors Orochi and Dynasty Warriors games

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Warriors Orochi and Dynasty Warriors games

Postby otiscrusher » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm

I wonder why these titles never been posted before? Pure action games. :)
otiscrusher

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Well, that's the problem...mostly hack and slash fighting, and no shooting. If there's some adventure elements then I can add as action-adventure.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Old_Schooler » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:24 pm

There is some first person shooting since the games go into a first person perspective when you try and shoot arrows at enemies. You can't move though and the view goes back to a third person mode when you get hit. While it may have first person shoooting, it's a very loose and compressed one.

The Dynasty Warrior games may not be point and click, but it has action, and there is a great sense of adventure the moment your character appears on a battlefield. Once that happens, the gameplay feels somewhat like a traditional third person adventure game (you know, games like Blade of Darkness, Drakan, Gothic) with a beat 'em up style added into it (The Return of the King game pops into my mind as I say that, but, it's much more hectic and chaotic.)

There's some RPG influence added in as well. There's an HP system along with a level up system which, in cliched fashion, makes your character faster, stronger, and able to perform special attacks longer. In later games, a high level meant you could ride better horses on the battlefield. It's yet another feature that kind've melds elements from other genres into one big melting pot.

I'll definitely vouch for this game as being Adventure Legends worthy if only because it is pretty much just a typical 3d third person action/adventure game series which tries to hide this by having you fight against many enemies at one time and calling itself a "crowd control game" (Dead Rising also falls into this category as well.) But even I'm smart enough to see that, no matter how many guys you may fight at once, it's still just a third person action adventure game.

Wow, another long post there. But, when you enjoy the Dynasty Warrior games as much as I do and you really want to see them justly get their own entires on Adventure Legends, I often tend to apply what I've been learning in my speech class.

Anyway, there've been 4 PC Dynasty Warrior games. They are...

Dynasty Warriors Online
Dynasty Warriors 4 Hype
Dynasty Warriors 6
Warriors Orochi
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:40 pm

:thanks: for the detailed info. :) I'll add entries in the future then.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Old_Schooler » Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Know this is an old topic and Scaryfun did say he would add entries for the games suggested, but I thought it would be worth pointing out that I forgot about another game in the series: Samurai Warriors 2.

Here's what the Wikipedia page for this game had to say about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Warriors_2
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Return to Site Suggestions