Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Silly fundraising idea

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Silly fundraising idea

Postby basetta » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:40 am

So GigaWatt is being the 'funny man' by roasting the shoutbox and seizing the moment, who could make any girl proud by how he made himself the story (center of attention).

And I got pwned by Dark Byte of Cheat Engine on the 1st - your license has expired. Give me $200 for 1 month usage. $1200 for 1 year. Or your scans may not work. Preventing me from working on my speed mod trainers (so I thought).

Anyhow.
=========================

Back to line 1 about GigaWatt and money. How about a way to help the website by volunteering to click ad.fly links to boost revenue?

You click on 'Ultraverse Prime' and it shows you 1 direct download link. That's fine and no need to change it.

Beneath that have some coy string: 'It's okay to help the website. Click (x) instead'. Where (x) = (1) (2) .. (19) depending on # of original links. Clicking those takes you to <money gain> which takes you to direct link.

After the site makes say 20 quid, that money can be used to buy games (not) on the Wanted List. Like Ironman Interactive Comic Book for $15 on Amazon or Ebay. Or something more practical based on polls - only Super User, Moderator, Admin get to play. In the private room.

Or make it more complicated. And tyrannical in a competitive way. Done per upload.
- Regular users get 0% commission but pick up an 'attaboy!'. 3 attaboys and someone will do something nice for you (in terms of Scribblenauts logic).

- Suggestions make 0% bacon. Like me. We should get something too though. :D

- Super user gets 5-20% commission. They can cash it in for actual purchase requests. No real cash though.

- Moderators get 25-49.999% dough. Similar rules but now bracketed.
--- Least-respected mod gets base 25%
--- Honcho mod
--- 'Good-looking stud' mod gets <whatever>
--- Reigining mod gets <blah>
--- Champion mod gets <erm?>
--- Enforcer mod

[This class gets to cash in real money, albeit in a Japanese pachinko gambling way]
--- Grand puba mod
--- Supreme Legend mod
--- 'Big Boss Evil Decisions' mod
--- 'Whatever I say is gospel' mod gets <the star prize>

- Admins get 50.0001+% (maintain ownership rights). Whatever you say is final and you control the laundry.

Then again. It's okay to tell me to 'Sit down! You're rocking the boat!'
(Meaning, if anyone asks: Did you see anything? No. - like Lee Marvin / Charles Bronson in The Dirty Dozen)
basetta

Re: Silly fundraising idea

Postby zobraks » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:12 am

:blink:
zobraks

Postby GigaWatt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:00 am

basetta wrote:Back to line 1 about GigaWatt and money. How about a way to help the website by volunteering to click ad.fly links to boost revenue?

You click on 'Ultraverse Prime' and it shows you 1 direct download link. That's fine and no need to change it.

Beneath that have some coy string: 'It's okay to help the website. Click (x) instead'. Where (x) = (1) (2) .. (19) depending on # of original links. Clicking those takes you to <money gain> which takes you to direct link.

After the site makes say 20 quid, that money can be used to buy games (not) on the Wanted List. Like Ironman Interactive Comic Book for $15 on Amazon or Ebay. Or something more practical based on polls - only Super User, Moderator, Admin get to play. In the private room.

I've already proposed that, but it was declined, apparently due to more severe criminal penalties.
Managed to survive several years of war, old-games.ru, but has been killed here without any pity, compassion or mercy.
GigaWatt

Postby hfric » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 pm

:|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby basetta » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Oh_. I'll shut up. :shock:
basetta