Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Incorrect game posted for Asterix and the Magic Carpet

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Incorrect game posted for Asterix and the Magic Carpet

Postby exoscoriae » Wed May 08, 2013 7:59 pm

For the site entry Asterix & the Magic Carpet, http://www.legendsworld.net/adventure/year/1987#2654, there is a file provided that is the 1996 action/platform game rather than the 1987 adventure game.
exoscoriae

The following user would like to thank exoscoriae for this post
Scaryfun

Re: Incorrect game posted for Asterix and the Magic Carpet

Postby GigaWatt » Wed May 08, 2013 8:25 pm

You can get German version here:
http://www.old-games.ru/game/download/2827.html

If you have English version, upload it, please.
Managed to survive several years of war, old-games.ru, but has been killed here without any pity, compassion or mercy.
GigaWatt

Postby exoscoriae » Wed May 08, 2013 8:42 pm

Unfortunately I do not have the game, which is why I was here downloading it. If I find it however, I will gladly post. I have been working on creating a master list of every dos game released, and then hunting down every possible game, including many purchased on eBay and sites such as that.
exoscoriae

Postby GigaWatt » Wed May 08, 2013 9:33 pm

You may find some other rare DOS games there, which are not yet available anywhere else. And, by the way, this site is the only one amongst others dedicated to abandonware, which has a team who fix old stuff. If you are looking for something working, download it from old-games.ru. Just an ad.
Managed to survive several years of war, old-games.ru, but has been killed here without any pity, compassion or mercy.
GigaWatt

Postby exoscoriae » Thu May 09, 2013 1:13 pm

I use many many sites, including old-games.ru. =)

I started by using mobygames to create a scrape/dump of every listed dos game they have. Over the past 2 years I worked through all of them. At this point I am going through various sites archives and identifying dos games that are not listed at mobygames. So far, after scouring about 10 different archives, i have located about 1,200 DOS games not listed at mobygames. So I download them, add them to my DB, and create the front end files needed for them to launch and appear in the front end. I've also attempted to correct mobygames were possible, however their approval process is quite backed up, and it really cuts into the time I could be using to work on my own database.

While doing this, i am also currently working on a Windows 3.x collection. The difficulty there is that many websites do not differentiate between 32bit windows and 16bit windows (3.x vs 95 for example).

When I released my eXoDOS action pack earlier this year, I went through Shooter Legends, title by title, to obtain many FPS games not listed at mobygames. Currently working through the Adventure Legends pages doing the same thing.

If there is interest here at 3dsl, I could post the final "missing" lists to see if anyone is interested in helping me to try and find them.
exoscoriae

Postby GigaWatt » Thu May 09, 2013 3:24 pm

exoscoriae wrote:If there is interest here at 3dsl, I could post the final "missing" lists to see if anyone is interested in helping me to try and find them.

Yes, sure.
GigaWatt

Postby AD » Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Completists forever :cool:. :welcome:
My gratitude goes to all contributors. :up:
-> Please help me find <-
AD

Postby Meddle » Thu May 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Yes, I would like to see the final lists, and the missing lists.
Meddle

Postby Scaryfun » Thu May 09, 2013 10:43 pm

I still have about 163 adventure/platform titles currently still to be added from years 1995 and earlier. Most of them will surely have downloads too.
For 3D shooters, there's less than 50 and most are sims. Those should be added by the end of the year hopefully. I plan on making a 1990 and earlier page and making more detailed entries than currently on the Pre-History section at top of 1991-1993 page.
Then we still have to add all those entries for titles we haven't yet found from our Most Wanted list. The work never seems to end, hehe.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby exoscoriae » Fri May 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Awesome. Well, I'll be lurking the site quite often as it is one of the best resources online for rare games.

I just browsed your "most wanted" list, and I have a few of those titles. I just located a copy of The Quest (1984) by Penguin Software. I spent two years emailing the authors of the games and tracking down various people invovled with the project, and *finally* struck gold.

As far as the part that says, "and any other gamne not on the site"... hehehe, I am hundreds of those =)

Once I finish up the final game lists for the version 2 release of the exodos packs, I will be happy to post a file of my complete have/missing lists for DOS. After I finish up the win3.x pack, I'll do the same.

You guys rock, glad to be here.
exoscoriae

Return to Site Suggestions