Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ UnderAsh...

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

UnderAsh...

Postby Eye del Cul » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi, and sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain...

Do you know a arcade named "Underash"? Was published on November of 2001 -if i'm right-, and it's ambiented in the Intifadah... I don't know if this game were released in Europe; maybe it's possible get it via Internet shopping..., I don't know.
But there's a demo available to download at [url]http://www.underash.net/eshots.htm[/u]. Maybe you find it interesting to add to your site...

Greetings... You've done a great job with 3D Shooter Legends.[/url]
¡Gringo fascista tú eres el terrorista!
Eye del Cul

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:50 pm

Glad you like our site. :)

Yeah, I'm aware of this game...seems controversial as I remember reading some hatred comments against Israelis on its official site so I didn't want to give it any more publicity.
What do others think?

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby 3DShootMaster » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:18 pm

If you want my opinion, ignore this game like its never been made. :wink:
3DShootMaster

Postby Hellsgate » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:55 am

Well Just looking at some of the screen shots and content of site make me think this is more of a HATE game - Personally I think this is something 3DSL should avoid :?
No Flesh Shall be Spared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellsgate

Postby mobileinfantry » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:20 am

It is still a professional made FPS though.... (as opposed to freeware)...personally I would be interested in playing this, as I think it is something original not attempted before :?

Although it is good practice to not include it in the site if it is racially motivated I guess.

I dont have anything against either side in the conflict mentioned either btw :)
mobileinfantry

Postby Eye del Cul » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:12 pm

In my modest opinion...

Under Ash is political propaganda, but I don't find it different than other "correct" titles like Delta Force, Elite Forces: Navy Seals o America's Army... As a laughable example, I remember, In Delta Force: Task Force Dagger, a level in which you fight the taleban militians at the Cuba's embassy in Kabul (!!!).

I played the Under Ash's demo long time ago, and I found a very conventional FPS; you shoot at the Israel Army (and at cows :D if you want...), in the same way as in other games the enemy are serbians, iraquians, vietnamese and soldiers from other countries. But here there isn't any "etnical cleaning" or anything similar.

I think it's a conflictive game becuase it offers a look at the other side of a very controversial conflict.

PD: A shooter in which we play as a viet-cong soldier against the US Army would be a "hate game"?
¡Gringo fascista tú eres el terrorista!
Eye del Cul

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:01 pm

Like i said before I have problems with the game makers hatred comments on their site - http://www.underash.net/emessage.htm
and the fact that it was marked at Palestinian youth when there is an ongoing conflict in that area (where both sides should be blamed).
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby InsaneFury » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:31 pm

Yup, 3DSL does not discriminate games based purely on unacceptable contents, which is why you see games like Postal (2) and Wolfenstein. However, UnderAsh was created to spread a negative view as propaganda, something 3DSL doesn't want to have anything to do with.

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Return to Site Suggestions