Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Games to be categorized+angrycheese's game suggestions

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Games to be categorized+angrycheese's game suggestions

Postby angrycheese » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:15 am

I was going to post some suggestions about what games should be added to the archive to the "Czech" game category, but found out that almost all of these are already in the archive, just missing from the language category.
Games that should be moved to the "Czech" language category (all of these games are originally czech):
Little World (same name in czech)
Golden Calix- Zlatý kalich
Becher's Dream- Becherův sen
Fairy Tale about Father Frost, Ivan and Nastya- Pohádka o Mrazíkovi, Ivanovi a Nastěnce
5 Magical Amulets (this should be renamed to Five Magical Amulets instead)- Pět kouzelných amuletů
Machinarium (this one I'm not sure about as the game's origin is czech but the entire game is silent so no czech text)

There is one game series that should be definitely added, I'm not sure how will it be put in the archives, as there are 7 games and mostly the latter ones are really worthwhile:
Name: Život Není Krásný (Life is Not Beautiful) (series)

Translation: None

Description: Život Není Krásný (ZNK for short) was supposed to be a 14-episode game series, out of which 7 were made. You usually play as a character who is low on life and finds himself in a terrible situation (your boss fires you and you have nowhere to go, you were put in jail for something you didn't do...) and violence is the only way to get out (killing your boss, having to cope up with the people in prison...). As such, the main protagonist often murders several people to get to his goal, counting from 4 up to more than a hundred. The idea of the game series of 14 episodes was that each game represented a specific year (ZNK 1 is 2002, ZNK 2 is 1996, ZNK 3 is 1999...), taking place in a fictive city and you would see the same characters throughout and feel the consequences of your actions (for example, you see a spray painting in ZNK1 which you spray in ZNK 4, in ZNK 5 you are investigate murders you did in ZNK 2...). The original game was done in 2 days and as the games went, they would get better graphics, puzzles, length, and later get sounds, music and voice acting. The game also had some good czech humor and a nice little addition with "second endings"- at the end of each game after you finish it the "normal way", you would get instructions on how to get the second ending (for example click the broken window in the intro to get infinite money)- these were usually funny, trippy, weird or revealed something more about the characters. The last game (ZNK 14) was supposed to reveal a big secret and tie everything up but the series never got finished and noone found out what it was.

Screenshots:
Image (ZNK 1)
Image (ZNK 4)
Image (ZNK 7)

Download: http://znk.cz/games/ (all the games are downloadable there- if you need an alternative link, I can easily provide it)

If I find/remember anything else, I'll make a new post.
Somewhere out there, there is a solution.
angrycheese

The following user would like to thank angrycheese for this post
Scaryfun

Re: Games to be categorized+angrycheese's game suggestions

Postby annoyment » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:46 am

Holy guacamoly! :thanks: for dropping a word on those weird local exclusives (just like Svinjoland from Yugoslavia, shared it myself :P ), now to hope the heavyness of Czech doesn't hamper the lulz :lol:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby Molitor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:50 am

Actually, we use the language tags (such as [Cz]) not to categorize games based on their origin, but on their only available language. For example, Colony 28 (1996) is marked as "Colony 28 [Cz]" because unless proved otherwise, it has only been released in Czech language. However, the games you mentioned are all available in English, although they are indeed of Czech origin.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby angrycheese » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:19 pm

annoyment wrote:just like Svinjoland from Yugoslavia,

Now that looks like a cool game :mrgreen:
Molitor wrote:Actually, we use the language tags (such as [Cz]) not to categorize games based on their origin, but on their only available language. For example, Colony 28 (1996) is marked as "Colony 28 [Cz]" because unless proved otherwise, it has only been released in Czech language. However, the games you mentioned are all available in English, although they are indeed of Czech origin.

Ah, in that case a couple games should be moved out of the Czech tag because they are indeed also available in english
Ones that I am aware have an english translation (even though sometimes quite poor) are:
2004: Space Becherovka (2004: Vesmírná Becherovka)
Dragon History (Dračí historie)

The ZNK series I wrote the paragraph above about were never translated so I think they deserve an add.

Polda 2 (Awesome Cop) also had an android port that was translated into english but I am not aware of any translated pc version, not sure what to do with that.
Somewhere out there, there is a solution.
angrycheese

Return to Site Suggestions