Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Probably another HL/CS repacking effort...

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Probably another HL/CS repacking effort...

Postby annoyment » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:30 am

KingSOFT DVD is a fan-group that did (or still does, dunno) quality "MULTI2" (EN, ES) NoSteam repacks for the two iconic franchises, as noted on the title :D
They also seem to have a couple of websites, hoping there aren't more:
http://kingsoft.co.vu (supposedly the latest)
http://kingsoftdvd.es.tl
http://kingsoftdvd.blogspot.com
Thought I'd recommend these for they've done me great whenever I needed some resonance cascade to survive :lol:
Windows is shutting down
Last edited by annoyment on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
user43687

Re: Probably another HL/CS repacking effort...

Postby user43687 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:59 am

This is great! Thanks man for sharing! I am searching for a good LAN ready HL2 rip and it seems that they have that over there, that's cool!

I'm searching for some CounterStrike version 1.6 nosteam, it was a odd release. There was the "decayed lite" version which was around 73MB which ran great, but missed some models, Then I've found a 55MB SFX with the entire CS1.6 nosteam that included nude lara crofts as hostages, and condition zero models, we played it for years but I've lost the original archive, when I read your post I was positive it could be from this site but no. Doesn't matter much, other cool stuff over there :)

I just like game rips a lot, comparing their version vs that odd rip I have, 227.56MB vs 55.3MB , how the hell someone managed that!
user43687

Postby annoyment » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:26 pm

Tried :google: for that bared cleavage version (prolly a c/p from Quake 3, IDK), came out fruitless (pun intended :P ), although I do see such high compression possible...
Remove "valve" (HL1) ~ leave only "cstrike", convert gfx to JPGs, replace whatever resource to one's preference, maybe also remove Zak Belica and dedicated server stuff, and possibly for last a double-pack (UHA for res, then ZIPsfx as noted) and presto! Just some conspirancy ranting :lol:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

user43687

Postby user43687 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:45 am

I've found it! Download: Counter-Strike.v1.6.NoSteam.Micro-HcH.zip 37.34MB ( lol )

Yes as you say, it's only cstrike with some minimized halflife wad file. It even has as you say tga converted to jpg lol! There's no music as far I can tell but did the original game had music? Condition Zero features Zak Belica's music (I've looked it up hehe), this version however does have some models of condition zero instead of the original models. There is a HLDS.exe but I don't know if it actually works. Rip does take a while to rebuild as graphics and sounds need to be converted and nanozip compression is used, fun to see it in 37MB though.
user43687

The following user would like to thank user43687 for this post
Scaryfun

Postby annoyment » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Kewl lol, :thanks: for digging that one up, thought of recommending cs.rin.ru for answers but no need for that now :)
Hah, almost everything I've spouted fits in, albeit not interested for it much ATM, even with nude Laras :huh:
As for Zak Belica, his work was featured in Condition Zero and Deleted Scenes, and the main menu music from the latter was also used in the 1.6's main menu, although I've seen builds (probably unofficial, can't say for sure) having a different track, possibly also from Belica's work mentioned above. And for that matter that's the only track used as BGM (apart from Luciano Pavarotti and Oum Kalthoum as ambience :D ), which makes me wondering if even the sound files are converted as well in the build.
Anyhoo, :thanks: again...
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

user43687

Postby hgdagon » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:55 pm

I'm working on the whole set right now. Both WON and Steam (current Steam version only, don't think I can find all steam versions). Will post some links soon.
hgdagon

Postby annoyment » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Just checked it, and I haven't expected just about a gigabyte of everything nanozipped into 37 megs, and with whatever extras inside, although I'm a little skeptical when nude Laras and CZ models and whatnot came to maybe half a gig extra (with claims of compressing the gfx with Targa instead of JPG, plus the wavs being untouched, minus Zak Belica ofc), as the bare-bones 1.6 being abt 300-400 megs (dunno sry, ultra-trimmable on its own without archive compression me thinks), but other than that it functions neatly, with all the trims that I've spouted, plus it's a 2016 edition release as well, so it's a neat package overall :thanks: :hug:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

user43687

Postby user43687 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:54 pm

annoyment wrote:Just checked it, and I haven't expected just about a gigabyte of everything nanozipped into 37 megs, and with whatever extras inside, although I'm a little skeptical when nude Laras and CZ models and whatnot came to maybe half a gig extra (with claims of compressing the gfx with Targa instead of JPG, plus the wavs being untouched, minus Zak Belica ofc), as the bare-bones 1.6 being abt 300-400 megs (dunno sry, ultra-trimmable on its own without archive compression me thinks), but other than that it functions neatly, with all the trims that I've spouted, plus it's a 2016 edition release as well, so it's a neat package overall :thanks: :hug:
Windows is shutting down

The nude lara's actually made it something more interesting for me lol, the case is, you don't really care for your hostages in counter-strike, but now they're lara's, STAY AWAY FROM MY LARA's!!! MINEEEE! So it adds to the immersion for me :lol:

The game is here (tested on xp and 7) unpacked just 168MB. I guess the ripper just did a quick documentation and chose the wrong word, where it says compression it should say conversion :x the waves are compressed using wavpack, wavpack really freaking ROCKS because it takes ALL oddities from WAV files (such a loop starts/ends etc) and keep them, where a OGG conversion would remove essential data of those sound files :cool: wavpack is something really amazing and a must have for everyone who's nerdy like I am :up:
user43687

Postby annoyment » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:23 am

Necrobump with an overkill :omg:
https://cs16planet.ru/
annoyment

Scaryfun

Return to Site Suggestions