Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Legends World Strategy Site

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Legends World Strategy Site

Postby Ghost81 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:47 am

Maybe I'm the only one who'd like to see this happen (in that case just ignore me ;) ), but I think that Strategy Legends would be absolutely fantastic: a giant database of all PC strategy games to put alongside Adventure Legends and 3DShooter Legends. Is there any chance this could become reality?

Anyone with me on this?
Ghost81
Advanced Member

Re: Legends World Strategy Site

Postby annoyment » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:51 am

www.legendsworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12190
There are already some threads about a third main site suggestions, I've just linked to one where I gave my opinion on the matter. And unfortunately there aren't many users that are in ability to volunteer (time constraints, inexperience, take your pick) of maintaining the daunting task of page creation, content database moderation, link fetching, user Demo-s management, the works. I only know of one user (Nathan Drake avatar, forgot his username though :( ) that was in, but had to bail out shortly afterwards (justified reason I can't remember :( ), no longer being active on forums since IDK...
Bottom line, there need to be people willing to do some actual grease work of building a site and constant moderation (apart from the already present Admins and Mods) for the site to happen, it's hardly any worth discussing about it otherwise (please rectify me where I've mistaken) :?
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby Molitor » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:06 pm

For a while I've been thinking about an Strategy Legends initiative, but with a different setup/structure. A forum-driven site, in the same spirit as the defunct Snesorama, for example. The biggest pro is that it wouldn't require any technical knowledge and investment other than installing a BBS on a server. The main con is the gap it creates between it and the other Legends sites. (Visitors will be like, "wtf a forum? where's my alphabetical order and news page?)
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby annoyment » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:49 pm

True dat, LW set the bar too high to allow itself to implement other genres in forum master lists like Snesorama (RIP, at least EmuParadise and its forums are a wonderful alternative). Still, a valid opinion with possible expansion on the idea :up:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby Ghost81 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Molitor wrote:For a while I've been thinking about an Strategy Legends initiative, but with a different setup/structure. A forum-driven site, in the same spirit as the defunct Snesorama, for example. The biggest pro is that it wouldn't require any technical knowledge and investment other than installing a BBS on a server. The main con is the gap it creates between it and the other Legends sites. (Visitors will be like, "wtf a forum? where's my alphabetical order and news page?)

This could be a great idea, and it could be a stepping stone in case someone wanted to make a proper site out of it. Can we make this happen?
Ghost81
Advanced Member

Return to Site Suggestions