Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Cultures Gold (GERMAN)

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Cultures Gold (GERMAN)

Postby BR4ZIL » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:13 pm

So folks, in my OCD of always getting the best version of any game, i recently discovered that the german release of Cultures actually had a native american focused expansion pack called "Die Rache des Regengottes", officially translated to english as Wrath of the Thunder Gods.

I actually found the german-only gold edition that came with Cultures 1 + the Expansion on a less than stella russian upload site:

https://yadi.sk/d/KFcHwda04-cmw

But since this is a Age Of Empires/Tropico/The Sims hybrid, i am not sure if the series have a place here in Legendsworld (we do have a couple of RTSeses here and there).

I will reupload the game on a more known site once i get home. Just wanted to point out that currently, this expansion pack isnt posted on any site and it unavaiable to purchase digitally (GOG sells only Cultures 1).

What you guys think?
BR4ZIL

Re: Cultures Gold (GERMAN)

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:31 am

Looks like a possibility to add if it concentrates more on story than strategic planning. Egon has upped several in the series in the past, just search in the forum for the links.
There might be a few RTS added also in the past due to their rarity.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby BR4ZIL » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 pm

Scaryfun wrote:Looks like a possibility to add if it concentrates more on story than strategic planning. Egon has upped several in the series in the past, just search in the forum for the links.
There might be a few RTS added also in the past due to their rarity.

I actually havent played them yet, only saw a lets play of it (the first game), it seems it also incorporates a bit of Warcraft-esque hero play. From the wiki it seems it does follow a "family" of vikings through the series, it certanly feels like a RPG at times, since you can win without having to kill all enemies or even "beat" your oponent.

I checked Egon's uploads and it seems he managed to get Cultures 3 & 4 (Northland & 8th Wonder), sadly no Cultures 1 or 2 (and no Expansion pack for 1).

Another question if you or anyone else might know. Did the "Die Rache des Regengottes/Rise of the Thunder Gods" expansion ever got a english release? it seems the english version exists in title only, as every info i got points out at there only being a german version of the game.
BR4ZIL

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:11 am

Cultures 2 is available here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12747&p=76123&hilit=cultures&sid=929732ba4fd2902c3b403a475141ed74#p76123

Mobygames has Cultures: Die Rache des Regengottes release by THQ in U.S. listed, but might be incorrect.

GOG description of Cultures 1 + 2 pack says "A unique overarching story with strong adventure elements shines through", so go ahead and upload it. :thanks:
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby BR4ZIL » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:20 am

Heres the link, sadly 4shared seems to be crawling for me (it would take me 9 hours to upload 800mb)

So, i used Mega:

https://mega.nz/#!c18W3D4C!6WrvYvgV0L1r ... fzyvZtwOio
BR4ZIL

The following user would like to thank BR4ZIL for this post
Scaryfun

Return to Site Suggestions