Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Why no more German?

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby Kleister » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:52 am

Hi Dudes,
Last year I found this page,and the page were in german.
But now,Most things are written in english.Just a few game descriptions
are in german.Why?
Why changed the hole page from german to english?
Kleister

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:05 pm

The page changed to be more "internationally"... so everyone has the chance of getting infos about those games.
Some descriptions are still in German 'cause nobody has translated them yet.

Hope you'll still like to visit 3DSL :D

greetz
dead-meat :up:
dead-meat

Postby Kleister » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dead-meat+Aug 13 2004, 01:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dead-meat @ Aug 13 2004, 01:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The page changed to be more "internationally"... so everyone has the chance of getting infos about those games.
Some descriptions are still in German 'cause nobody has translated them yet.

Hope you'll still like to visit 3DSL :D

greetz
dead-meat :up: [/quote]
Thanks for the answer.
And yes,I still like to visit 3DSL. :)
And I accept that its better so,cause at least most kids learn english in school.
Wherever they live.In Germany,or France,or Italy or other countrys.
And at least I learn english too,otherwise I couldn´t post here. :P
Kleister

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:09 pm

Yeah that's something I thought, too.
But I also thought that some of the games are definitely not suitable for kiddies. Y'all know what I mean. I don't write no names right now 'cause I don't want to bring someone on bad ideas :P

And the third thing: Since almost every game on 3DSL is English everyone playing these games has to know English... at least enough to communicate a little. So if there are any problems everyone is able to report at this forum or somwhere else :)

So far,

greetz
dead-meat

Postby Kleister » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dead-meat+Aug 13 2004, 03:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dead-meat @ Aug 13 2004, 03:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> But I also thought that some of the games are definitely not suitable for kiddies. [/quote]
Oh,I thought most of the games. :)
I don´t know how it is in America or England,but in Germany most 3D Shooters are just for people who are 18 or older.
Often 3D Shooters gets "indiziert" too,so that you could buy them just "under the bar(or sales counter.I don´t know which word is right)".
But German know what I mean.
Kleister

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:29 pm

Yeah.. it's okay. But what I meant was that these violent games should not be played by someone who's "too young". I think all of us saw what happened it schools the past few years... horrible :(

But okay, let's assume that you are 18+ :P

I think I'm talking too much... I'll oppress my opinion the next time 'cause I don't want to drive away the new users... Guys, don't hate me it's just me :)

greetz
dead-meat

Postby Kleister » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:39 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dead-meat+Aug 13 2004, 07:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dead-meat @ Aug 13 2004, 07:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yeah.. it's okay. But what I meant was that these violent games should not be played by someone who's "too young". I think all of us saw what happened it schools the past few years... horrible :(

But okay, let's assume that you are 18+ :P

I think I'm talking too much... I'll oppress my opinion the next time 'cause I don't want to drive away the new users... Guys, don't hate me it's just me :)

greetz
dead-meat :up: [/quote]
I know what you meant.
And you don´t have to oppress your opinions.
I just wanted to say,that not just a few games on 3DSL aren´t for kids,but most.
I wouldn´t make you angry or so.
So,the main theme of this topic is cleared,and so lets stop talking about this.(and just love us all. :hug: ) :lol:
Kleister

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:37 pm

Nah.. no one's angry here... maybe I sometimes sound so but I am not. I'm happy about being here together with others loving old shooter games.

Love is right, yeah! But homosexual isn't! :D

greetz to y'all lovely ppl out there

PS: Hope you'll be here for a longer time :)

** Topic closed to spare the server where this forum's on **
dead-meat

Postby Scaryfun » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:13 pm

Also, an option to view all game descriptions in German may be added back in the future. We just have to find a host for all the game coverpics (which take up a lot of space) that allows linking from our current 3dsl site.

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to Site Suggestions