Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Download host problems

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Download host problems

Postby Ali Akbar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:25 pm

It seems that downloads from 4shared sometimes have missing files. MEGA is, in my opinion the best host for uploading games, since it doesn't delete old files, download speed is vary fast and no traffic limits like 4shared. Yes, there are disadvantages for MEGA also but compared to 4shared, it is better. Could it be possible if the default host for game downloads was MEGA instead of 4shared. This is just a suggestion slash opinion :) and I mean no disrespect or insult. I haven't checked if there is already a discussion based on this or similar.
Ali Akbar

Re: Download host problems

Postby Molitor » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:12 pm

4shared may have got worse over the last years, but it was almost exclusively used for many years here and moving all our files now would represent moving several terabytes which is, IMO, not worth the hassle. I personally don't like Mega that much (it frequently has upload failures on my end, although the the traffic limits -there are traffic limits on Mega- are less strict for sure) and think it's better to have our uploads split across at least two hosting services; Mega and 4shared alike could disappear at any time, so let's not put all our eggs in the same basket.
From an uploader's standpoint, Mega used to have a real advantage, its 50GB of storage on free accounts; but now it only offers 15 (as 4shared does).
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Molitor for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:23 pm

:thanks: but I didn't really mean that you should move all your files to Mega, I meant for future uploads, but it's ok :), thanks for telling me :D.
Ali Akbar

Postby orion87 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:20 pm

What does the message "the file link that you requested is not valid" on 4shared mean? Please I need a file uploaded there. Can someone download it for me and then upload it on other file hosting?
orion87

Postby catchaserguns » Fri May 03, 2019 7:52 pm

It means that file is no longer there. It needs to be uploaded again,
catchaserguns

Return to Site Suggestions