Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Grog's quest (!)(?)

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Grog's quest (!)(?)

Postby myloch » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:26 am

I found this while scrolling through the list of a german €b@y€r...wtf is this shit?

Judging by the graphic style it might be an asian game (most probably korean) re-branded/localized by teutonics
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Re: Grog's quest (!)(?)

Postby roioros » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:48 am

Interesting find, here is some more information (in german):

Code: Select all
https://www.booklooker.de/Spiele/Grog-s-Quest-NEU-Rares-Jump-n-Run-Game-MS-DOS-Win-95/id/A02z1WZ741ZZv?zid=qs7dgnk6s6af341pt7r79p1erp
roioros

Postby myloch » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:22 am

It's the same seller, but on another website! Isis Verlag is the publisher, if you search fot it you find not so much, just some photos of atlases, encyclopedias and some books of fables. If this never resurfaced on any abandonware website before, I bet it's a terrible game. It looks and feels like a copysoft shareware game from the early nineties LOL
myloch

Postby roioros » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:55 pm

It seems to be the typical german jump 'n' run game like "Charly The Clown" or "Twork" among many others. It would be interesting if someone could get the game, it's a rarity.
roioros

Postby myloch » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:28 pm

My dear friends from russian oldgames website have a german user who dumped that TODAY.

LOL

Expect to see that on archive.org soon

Oh, and the game is crappy as hell (as expected) ;)
myloch

Postby roioros » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:16 pm

It is fantastic news, I will try it to see how it is, although I do not expect too much :D
roioros

Postby roioros » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:30 am

I just finished it, it's a short game (10 levels) but quite fun.

:cool:
roioros

Postby myloch » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Funfact: apparently more than one german collector had this game but it got unnoticed until I made the question on THAT site...
myloch

Postby roioros » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:34 pm

And the amount of rare and unknown games that remain to be discovered.
roioros

Postby Terje_P » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:19 pm

OCR on the cover:

Vor 10000 Jahren, Steinzeit... Jah, der große Medizinmann, wurde ent-führt. Entführer sind die Lowbrows, ein übler Steinzeitstamm. Diese wollen das Wissen von Jah nutzen, um die Welt zu erobern (jedenfalls den bereits bekannten Teil). Der Held des Spiels, Grog, hat ge-schworen, Jah und die Welt zu retten und nebenbei die wilden Lowbrows endlich in ihre Schranken zu weisen. Ausgerüstet mit Steinen, seiner Keule und einer guten Portion Mut, macht sich Grog auf den Weg zu seinem größten Abenteuer.

„Grog's Quest" ist ein Jump and Run Spiel. Das Ziel des Spieles besteht darin, Grog unbeschadet durch die einzelnen Levels zu steuern und bis zum letzten Le-vel vorzudringen. Natürlich warten diver-se Feinde (Lowbrows, Saurier etc.) auf den kleinen Helden, um ihn an seiner Mission zu hindern. Aber mit ein wenig Geschick sollte es möglich sein, Grog über den steinigen Weg zum Ziel zu diri-gieren.

Am Ende eines jeden Levels gibt es zur Belohnung ein Paßwort, mit dem man beim nächsten Spiel im darauffolgenden Level beginnen kann, um nicht jedesmal von vorne beginnen zu müssen

Google translate:

10,000 years ago, Stone Age... Jah, the great medicine man, was kidnapped. Kidnappers are the Lowbrows, an evil Stone Age tribe. They want to use Jah's knowledge to conquer the world (at least the already known part). The game's hero, Grog, has vowed to save Jah and the world while finally putting the rogue Lowbrows in their place. Armed with stones, his club and a good portion of courage, Grog sets off on his greatest adventure.

"Grog's Quest" is a jump and run game. The goal of the game is to steer Grog through the individual levels and to advance to the last level. Of course, various enemies (lowbrows, dinosaurs, etc.) are waiting for you little hero to stop him on his mission, but with a little skill it should be possible to guide Grog down the rocky path to the goal.

At the end of each level there is a password as a reward, with which you can start the next game in the following level, so that you don't have to start from the beginning every time
Terje_P

Return to Site Suggestions