Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Their Land

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Their Land

Postby Terje_P » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:55 am

If the game was better optimized it could have been decent, as it now it just don't feel great to play. Probably hitting some sort of CPU limit, as it wasn't using more than 40% of my GPU at most... Performance also dropped below 30 at times with only 10% GPU utilization and like 15% CPU. Limited to a few cores perhaps or maybe it is one of those games that don't work well on AMD CPUs...

The game is voice acted with somewhat original level design. Think the survival elements of that King Kong game before you got access to weapons...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZXuZ80FErM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2430990/Their_Land/
Terje_P

The following user would like to thank Terje_P for this post
Scaryfun

Re: Their Land

Postby hfric » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:12 pm

Ubisoft Peter Jackson King Kong clone ... on Unreal 5.2 woooohhhhooooo hahahhaha
What hardware you got ? Since Unreal 5.2 is no longer bottle necked by Streaming Medium ,checked that with "Fort Solis" when i tested it with a SATAIII 120MB HDD just for sh!t and giggles ... and completed it ... :shock: only having one hitch , jaw dropping moment ... Guess they did not BS people, telling you only need 80MB\s to play UE5 games... the only problem that UE5.2 games now have is Shadercache, aka the thing that took 40% of the BD disk on PS4\PS5 ... that PC versions do not have, since different GPU\Drivers and have to calculate it on the fly , or fake a load to create it based on your system (a thing you have to do on the PS3\PS4 Emulator for your PC) ... SO wanna know a trick that a Dev told me how to fix UE4 and UE5 games ...

"Oh , i see you got them ShaderCache stutters , this thing CRIPPLED ours every PC Unreal port we did for PC .To minimize and perhaps completely getting rid of it .
First you have to open the config file which you find here: %localappdata%\Local\*GameName*\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

Add this at the end of the files:
[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1

This should create shaders on game start, instead of in game. Making each Unreal title load longer (from 1 minuted to 3 minutes ) but, your game will be fluid with no stutters."
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
Scaryfun

Postby Terje_P » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:17 am

Hmmm... restarting the game and running the game in DX11 mode seems to have fixed some stuff.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2430990/ ... 351067221/

I guessing there is some shadercache issues with the game.
Terje_P

Postby XavierHG » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:04 pm

Yesterday I was running it at a fatal 12 fps, then I restarted it with -dx11 parameter and hit 70 fps.
Just to test, I removed the parameter, started the game normally and it continued running at 70fps.
Weird computer stuff...
XavierHG

Postby hfric » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:29 pm

XavierHG wrote:Yesterday I was running it at a fatal 12 fps, then I restarted it with -dx11 parameter and hit 70 fps.
Just to test, I removed the parameter, started the game normally and it continued running at 70fps.
Weird computer stuff...
its not Weird ... its Shadercache , DX11 forced Unreal Engine games at start to make it when DX12 pushed Streaming ... Force pushing people to have a SSD\NVME for UE4\5 games, since you will get shader stutters when on every turn on the fly this game will calculate its shaders ... when a simple Ini edit can fix any UE4\5 game ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
XavierHG

Return to Site Suggestions