Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ stop stealing doom 3

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby Dingo » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Those people are unfair! I cant understand why they hate originals. I`m a gamer and so i do not want to destroy the game- industrie. But there are two sides. Often the industrie is not fair to us, but they need us, as we need them.Games are verry expencive and often they are bullshit. I dont wonder that people load a game or coppy it. Maybe industrie will learn that only"peng peng" like in Will Rock is not enough. :hi:
<span style='color:yellow'>I`m so tired, so tired, sooo...</span>
Dingo
Advanced Member

Postby dead-meat » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:20 pm

I liked Will Rock... a lot more than Serious Sam.
You just made me remember of playin it again.. thx :D

greetz
dead-meat :up:
dead-meat

Postby nestlesux » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:10 am

lmao!!

This is SOOOO funny a topic. Reminds me of some abandonware forums I used to belong to. "Used To" because all the hair-splitting on acceptable stealing eventually just gave me a headache. Legally it's all the same thing. There's no difference from downloading a game that was released 10 years ago or 10 days ago. It's called pirating. Period.

This site isn't an abandonedwares site. It's a FPS site. So why even complain at all?? Kind of like going to a strip bar to see a woman take off her shirt then complaining that she's taken off her pants too. You were expecting something else?? :lol:

If you want to download a game, please do. If you don't, then please don't.

I'd say more on this subject, but I have a date to play a pirated version of Doom 3 on a private server. :D

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Red'>P</span><span style='color:coral'>e</span><span style='color:orange'>a</span><span style='color:Yellow'>c</span><span style='color:Green'>e</span><span style='color:Blue'>!</span></span>
Who Watches the Watchers?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
nestlesux

Postby ILoVeScaryFun » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:28 am

serious sam is a classic and is 100x better than willrock
wtf are you saying about ut2004 how we don't upload new games this sunday i can start uploading again and i will personally rip of ever game company i can get my hands on....as i'm no long on 56k
ILoVeScaryFun

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:51 am

Well... Maybe I spoke just for me and a handfull of others?! :P
No longer on 56k? Sounds cool. What kinda connection do you got now?

greetz
dead-meat

Postby InsaneFury » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-nestlesux+Aug 27 2004, 06:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nestlesux @ Aug 27 2004, 06:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This is SOOOO funny a topic. Reminds me of some abandonware forums I used to belong to. "Used To" because all the hair-splitting on acceptable stealing eventually just gave me a headache.

I'd say more on this subject, but I have a date to play a pirated version of Doom 3 on a private server. :D [/quote]
Heh funny thing is, this indeed seems like the exact same thing that led to the Abandonware scene's darkfall. As much as I opposed the change back then too, I think that times have changed now.

With eDonkey and BitTorrent coming into the picture, people can usually get the new stuff through these networks. From what I understand, 3D Shooterlegends is a site about people sharing a common passion: that of 3D Shooters. In that process, they want to build up a community. This is going along nicely, judging from the dedication of several members on this forum. :up:

However, if you look at the request section recently, there are a lot of 0-posters registered who only register to post lame requests like Doom3 and Unreal Tournament 2004, games which atm are the pinnacle of the 3D Shooter family. :huh:

I'm not saying 3DSL should refrain from warez or oldwarez, and offer only freeware/abandonware. Hell, I don't mind seeing Marine Heavy Gunner up on the site. However, my gut somehow says Doom3 and UT2K4 are special. If people want to download them, it's fine, but they shouldn't be offered by 3DSL, since the site would only attract n00bs and non-committed people, which is something that will result in a big mess in the forum with 0-posters just asking for more. :down:

Seeing you have a pirated version nestle, you should know people can resort to various channels to get the games nowadays, though getting old 3D shooters through BitTorrent might pose a difficulty. This is where 3DSL comes in. :woot:

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby loki1985 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:33 am

@InsaneFury:

i totally agree...

they can get it elsewhere more easy. so if some (real) member wants to post a link for other (real) members in a non-public subforum that should be more "healthy" for 3DSL....
loki1985

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:00 am

Yeah... sounds better than anything else in this thread :lol:
But who will count a real member? Let's say someone who has at least 200posts becomes a real one.... there would be just spamming in every thread by the n00bs to get 200posts.
So I think another way of declaring a "real member" has to be found to make a good atmosphere in the sub forum possible :)
A good way would be looking quality of several posts and other actions not at the quantit, ay?

greetz
dead-meat

Postby loki1985 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:43 am

the admin should make those members who deserve it (in his opinion) "advanced" members.

that should not be based on number of posts, but interaction/help/etc...
loki1985

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:58 pm

Yup... that's what I meant. :up:
dead-meat

Postby InsaneFury » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:40 pm

heh who says that has to be done in the forum?

Even better: who says that hasn't been done already... ;)

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby dead-meat » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:25 pm

yeah... who knew? B)
dead-meat

Postby jjim » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:16 pm

Rips can be classified or called anything you want to call them - but one thing is clear: The people who up them do it in their own time for no benefit to themselves. They give others the opportunity to play games that they mostly would not otherwise get the chance to. The contributions of members like Scaryfun, Dead-Meat, Nestlesux, Atomic Potato, Wild- apple and several others make this place a great experience for all users. This very selfless bunch give up their time to help people that they don't even know and will probaly never meet. They are people who make up the spirit of 3d shooter legends.
jjim

Postby ILoVeScaryFun » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:54 pm

fine just leave out me.... :down:
i'll have you know it litterally took me hundreds of hours to up 3 games on 56k
ILoVeScaryFun

Postby jjim » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ILoVeScaryFun+Aug 27 2004, 09:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ILoVeScaryFun @ Aug 27 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> fine just leave out me.... :down:
i'll have you know it litterally took me hundreds of hours to up 3 games on 56k
[/quote]
Sorry - I didn't mean to leave out anyone - i just mentioned a few people who's up's i had used. I know how long it takes to upload on dial -up . Everyone who up's a game donates their time selflessly to help others. Good work ILoveScaryFun and anyone else i missed out unintentionaly. :up: :up: :up:
jjim

PreviousNext

Return to Site Suggestions