Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ stop stealing doom 3

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby ldimino1 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:25 am

Now enought is enought here,doom3 can't even run on most pc machines,and they made a great game,support them!!!!
This site is great here.but are we saving old games or not.Stop the f--king stealing.
People who steal these games,I no are kids,but they don't no what there doing to game makers. Don't download this shit or let them list here.
ldimino1

Postby Trismogestos » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:09 am

STFU! No one cares about your opinion. It's up to anyone else wether he leeches or not. Point!
Trismogestos

Postby InsaneFury » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:38 pm

I somewhat share the same opinion, coming from an Abandonwere/Oldwarez point of view myself. Next to the moral aspects, there's the fact that this is a really new game. I personally see 3D Shooterlegends as a site mentioning and acknowledging ALL 3D shooters, old and new. :up:

Only whenever such a 3D Shooter is out of the picture, a download link should be provided. Since Doom3 is very much in the picture, having a download link actually counters people buying them, counters the revenues for id Software, thereby also kinda countering the whole concept of the 3DSL site: acknowledging shooters and putting them on a pedestal. :blink:

Oh, and Trismogestos: could you try and be more polite next time? I don't really like the 'STFU' kind of mentality... :down:

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby dead-meat » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:20 pm

I agree with you, InsaneFury... that's a point why I thought about stopping to upload games from 2003+.
Maybe I should even take Manhunt, Soldner etc, down...

greetz
dead-meat :up:
dead-meat

Postby Dingo » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:27 pm

:hi: I love originals. They look better. But they are realy expencive, so I take a look. I download or copy from videothek and play, and if its good I buy it. Some games are so cool, that I pay the high prize when it`s new. Some are ok and I wait a wihle. A lot are bullshit, so I delete them. I have hundrets of games, only good stuff. Please (@Idimino 1) tell me an alternative way to check out the quallity of those expensive stuff like new games. :up: Don`t say "load a demo". :down: Full of spys, often to short, or they say nothing about the gameplay.
<span style='color:yellow'>I`m so tired, so tired, sooo...</span>
Dingo
Advanced Member

Postby jjim » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:01 pm

I agree - Please don't remove recent games. In most cases i wouldn't buy the games so the software maker is not losing out. When a really good game like doom3 comes along though - I buy it. As is the case with most of the good new games -they are too big to rip - maybee we should be discreet about links to new iso's and full games though.

Perhaps only make these available to members that have made at least say 22 posts :lol:
jjim

Postby ldimino1 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:07 pm

Hi all, now don't get me wrong about free games (full demo), if you try it and like it buy it. This works for me, but not with most people. They will never go out and buy it especially if they get new full games for free, everyone knows this, this is a fact of life. Well nothings better then the original game cd. 3d Shooterlegends has the best collection of old pc games around. That work!
I came to 3d Shooterlegends because I collect (Buy) old dos and windows cd titles. Yes the real cds- well most cd I have don’t install on windows me or windows xp, but do play if you can get full demo versions.
So I download the full demo version, and most of the time they are set up to play with out cd in drive, well I add the missing file from my cd, to the full demo I got and now I can play full version. Most times the full demo works with the original cd and you get all the movies and sounds ect working. So this site has help in my gaming with some old titles. I would never be able to play otherwise. Keep the great old titles coming, slow down on newer titles .
ldimino1

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:18 pm

Well, firstly it's not up on 3dsl. Someone posted a link on the forum here.
But i tend to agree with putting up older games rather than 0-day stuff.
Of course, as stated in the faq page the games on 3dsl are intended as "demos" and you should buy the game if you enjoy it.

I know some people can't afford the high price of games though and i doubt if they didn't have the option to download them that they would buy them but I'm sure there are others who do have the money and are just stealing them.

3dsl is a small site though compared to the thousands of people getting new games from other sites. If people feel we shouldn't post 0-day iso links in forum, i'm ok with having that as a rule. I already mentioned that in the emule/bt forum.

Please feel free to express your opinion below.
And people, this is a friendly easygoing place....no swearing at one another is needed or wanted. ;)

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby dead-meat » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:52 pm

gameplay info for those who haven't played d3 yet:

<a href='http://www.legendsworld.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=225' target='_blank'>http://www.legendsworld.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=225</a>

greetz
dead-meat

Postby InsaneFury » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:45 pm

I fear that by offering 0day stuff, 3DSL will get a lot of leechers that only care about downloading 0day games, and do not care for the thoughts behind 3DSL. By keeping those links away, the community should have better quality IMO. :up:

Besides, people nowadays know where to get 0day releases, with p2p apps like KaZaA, BitTorrent and eDonkey reigning supreme... ;)

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby loki1985 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:26 am

full ACK.

if 0-day, then in a non-open-to-all forum/subforum.
having a link on the site itself could bring 3dsl some trouble.
but in the end only the admins must decide it.

btw: i am in a group which will release a game in the next 1-2 years.
when it is ready i would like to ask 3dsl & members *NOT* to upp it, ok? ;)

greets,

---loki
loki1985

Postby dead-meat » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:59 am

Whatever you exactly mean with that sounds interesting to me B)

greetz
dead-meat

Postby Dingo » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:23 pm

Is downloading the same than stealing it in a store? I dont think so. I know there are people, loading everything they find, burn it on cd and sell it on Ebay or so. They are the bad guys. Thats criminal! :down:
<span style='color:yellow'>I`m so tired, so tired, sooo...</span>
Dingo
Advanced Member

Postby ILoVeScaryFun » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:10 am

hey the kids who downloads these games choose to download them, they just don't have any money,stuck just looking at it in the store wishing for money. their the sorta kids i like to think i'm helping.

Its peoples chioce in the end
ILoVeScaryFun

Postby dead-meat » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:57 am

Yup, you're very right... but there's another point:
Some ppl could buy it but download it. What about those people?

greetz
dead-meat

Next

Return to Site Suggestions