Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Two Possible Inclusions...

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Two Possible Inclusions...

Postby Soul Reaver » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:13 am

Hello there. Very impressed with your site so far, good work!

However, I do you think you could include Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss, and Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds? I realize that they are RPGs, but they are also very good first-person games, and for their time, technologically extremely advanced. You mention them several times when talking about other games, and they are also by Warren Spector (the guy who designed System Shock and Deus Ex), so I think they're a worthy addition. I find it a crying shame that so few people knew about those games when they were released, since their 3D worlds were far more complex than most of the stuff that existed at the time (and in some ways are still rather good even today).

My other suggestion is probably a bit harder to implement... when browsing the site, I saw that you're offering Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 for download. However, although Resident Evil 1 and 3 have movie packs, 2 does not. This seems a strange omission, firstly because the other two games have a movie pack, but especially since 2 is often considered the best of this trilogy. Resident Evil 2 also sort of needs the cinematics, since much of the plot might be very difficult to follow without them.

I haven't actually downloaded Resident Evil 2, so I can't be sure that the 'full demo' doesn't include the movies too, but I assume (from the file size) that it doesn't... maybe you could somehow rip and upload the movies too?

Thank you very much!
Soul Reaver

Postby NE0 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:54 am

ResEvil 2 is 2CDs and i think a "movie addon" would be huge...bigger than for ResEvil 1....i'll check my cds.
You've always been your worst enemy...
NE0

Postby dead-meat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:22 pm

Sure it would be. I only got that rip without movies plus the PSX version here. But yes, I agree.. movies would be nice to have on the site.
Also, there is no special reason why only part 1 and 3 have movie addons here... well, aside there was no 'official' one for part 2 I think.
I mean, just because it's a trilogy it doesn't mean all parts have to be "complete".

We're doing our best... :wink:

greetz
dead-meat :lol:
dead-meat

Postby Xeon » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:38 pm

the RE2 movies are somewhere in 400-500 MB mark (and they barely compress if at all). the basic RE2 installation from CDs is around 400 MB (with music which if im not mistaken, is removed in the RIP) and the full no CD installation should be nearly 900 MB, this includes the redundant movies though.
Xeon

Postby Xeon » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:53 pm

dead-meat wrote:Sure it would be. I only got that rip without movies plus the PSX version here. But yes, I agree.. movies would be nice to have on the site.
Also, there is no special reason why only part 1 and 3 have movie addons here... well, aside there was no 'official' one for part 2 I think.
I mean, just because it's a trilogy it doesn't mean all parts have to be "complete".

We're doing our best... :wink:

greetz
dead-meat :lol:

you may want to try converting the movies in the PSX version into avi format (Intel Indeo compressed) using a PSX movie player. i dont have the PSX version but it may be possible for you to do that to fully experience the PC game (not that it differs though).
Xeon

Postby dead-meat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:37 pm

Hehe... I guess I don't want to. I have my PSX here and finished that game around 10 times (A/B scenarious included)... and if I wanted to play it again... well, playing it on PSX seems more comfortable to me.

I'll see what I can do...
dead-meat

Postby derek- » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:16 pm

ehrm, just for the record and to bring us, nincompoops up to date of life's more intricate riddles, ... *whispering mode* what is a PSX ? i know, i know but take into account i spent the last five years on venus (or was it another part of the milky way? damn those mind probes, i tend to, ah, whatchacall it, ah, forget.

now fix me another drink and call me a taxi.

YOU'RE A TAXI !
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby derek- » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:25 pm

be-be-fore i get my ass kicked out, a quick question ... i know of a link for sty-sty-gian abyss - but can i post the link here wi-w-wi-thout any flouting of the forum rules whhhhatsssso-effer ? it is a well-known and trustworthy abandonwa-a-a-re site - nothing indecent about it. by the way, i st-t-t-utter.
does my status as a super member come with a free supply of bier-und-schnapps ?
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby dead-meat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:52 pm

PSX is short for Sony's game console "Play Station". Don't ask me why someone added the X behind the PS but it has always been that way. hehe.

And don't worry about the stuttering. It will probably disappear the moment you post the link you wanted to :D
dead-meat

Postby derek- » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:56 pm

oooompphh ... that twisted little mind of mine thought for a moment it was a virtual reality machine for playing adult-oriented games. ah, well - what was the question again ?
derek-

Postby derek- » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:06 pm

sowwy, i got carried away. before youse reply 've ask zuh kvestions', here is the link i was referring to :

http://www.abandonia.com/genre.php?genre=allgames&page=20

heèh !!! it IS true what they say ... if you have a stutter and you vocalize what you want to say, it comes out much more fluent !

so let's all have a sing-song ! and as we are near xmas, i suggest ... jungle balls, jungle balls, jungle all the waaaaaaaaaaay! oh what fun it is to download from a one-horse open sleigh heyyyyy
derek-

Postby Soul Reaver » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:25 am

Wow. Didn't realize the movies for Resident Evil 2 were tha big... still, would be nice to have them..... :P

Cheers for posting the link, Derek. I personally don't need it though - I have both UW 1 and UW 2. ;)

But perhaps the Site Gods could write a short piece on it and put it up for public download...? In my opinion the games are real masterpieces (especially UW 2).
Soul Reaver

Postby NE0 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:17 am

Yup....movies....big bad files.... :(

EDIT: maybe IF someone wants to DivX em to lossy compression they will prolly get smaller thus alowing for upping :) just a tought tho....
You've always been your worst enemy...
NE0

Postby Xeon » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:10 am

the problem is if the game will accept the AVIs (theyre ".BIN"s actually) in DiVx format.
Xeon

Postby loki1985 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:28 am

IMHO they are simple mpeg files... at least in RE3 they are... check the header
loki1985

Next

Return to Site Suggestions