Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ RapidShare

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby Shattered » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Warepire wrote:This is not always true, this is only possible if your ISP provides you with more than one IP. In Sweden most ISPs do not do this.

Same story here.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

i am more than happy with 4shared

Postby grupof0091 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Why bother with other hosts like the infamous Rapidshare or the ultralimited Megaupload???? i am very happy with 4shared and if not you can use Mediafire for mirror. Let those crapy hosts to egoistic premium people that don't like to share very freely.
grupof0091
Addicted Member

Postby pAtRicK_beNetAR » Wed May 26, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah well, 4shared is good for smallish sized dLs, but when I downloaded the journeyman project dvd version there was something like 180 4shared files to be individually queued up and slowly downloaded, it was a total fudge nightmare, I would strongly suggest using megaupload for larger files for the sake of sanity.
Wealth beyond measure outlander.
pAtRicK_beNetAR
Advanced Member

Postby Shattered » Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 am

With JDownloader you don't need to individually queue the files. Simply copy and paste the folder URL.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby pAtRicK_beNetAR » Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 am

It works for 4shared as well? Yeah I read about that in regards to rapidshare in this thread and I am definitely going to check it out, in years of using all these dLers I have never heard of that program, thanks for replying! I had forgotten to go grab it already. It's still kind of a huge pain to queue 100's of files instead of 5-10 large ones.
pAtRicK_beNetAR
Advanced Member

Postby zobraks » Wed May 26, 2010 11:12 am

pAtRicK_beNetAR wrote:... in years of using all these dLers I have never heard of that program...
Welcome to the Wonderful World of (Clever) Downloading! :mrgreen:
pAtRicK_beNetAR wrote:It's still kind of a huge pain to queue 100's of files instead of 5-10 large ones.
JDownloader does that for you too. Automatically.

Uploading huge files is also a HPITA (huge pain in the...) since not all the people can upload fast and the longer the uploading is the bigger the chance of something going wrong (connections do break, as we all know :() is.
It's much quicker to replace a small file if it dies at 4Shared (or some other place) too.
zobraks

Postby SwedeBear » Wed May 26, 2010 11:32 am

pAtRicK_beNetAR wrote:It works for 4shared as well? Yeah I read about that in regards to rapidshare in this thread and I am definitely going to check it out, in years of using all these dLers I have never heard of that program, thanks for replying! I had forgotten to go grab it already. It's still kind of a huge pain to queue 100's of files instead of 5-10 large ones.

Take this recommendation from someone who found out when entering this this community not long ago. jDownloader works a charm. I´m running it under Mac OS 10.5.8 (ie Java 1.5) and it has yet never failed me. It´s a must dealing with multiple DL:s, or at least #1 to try-out.
SwedeBear

Postby pAtRicK_beNetAR » Wed May 26, 2010 10:22 pm

yeah I did however discover two nice plugins for chrome, the rapid & mega down helpers, they have worked well, I can recommend those, anyone know if they will interfere with jdown? I will find out soon enough anyway.
pAtRicK_beNetAR
Advanced Member

Postby Shattered » Thu May 27, 2010 6:36 am

pAtRicK_beNetAR wrote:anyone know if they will interfere with jdown?

JDownloader has a feature called Linkgrabber, which monitors the clipboard. If you copy a link, it will be checked automatically by Linkgrabber (online status). Then you can choose to download it. Maybe it's best to turn off the plugins in Chrome.

Don't forget you need Java for it to work. Also update JDownloader after installing to make sure you have the latest version and plugins.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby zobraks » Thu May 27, 2010 6:52 am

Shattered wrote:... update JDownloader after installing to make sure you have the latest version and plugins.
Yeah, and make sure to check for new updates often (or automatically), because there's a constant war going on between file-sharing sites and JD :? . The sites keep trying to make life hard(er) for JD users and the JD team keeps finding solutions for that.
zobraks

Previous

Return to Site Suggestions