Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ RapidShare

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

RapidShare

Postby testx » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Please could you use faster hosts than RapidShare, because it's
damned slow and you often cannot access the download file...

I like 4Share, which you normally used for most of your downloads...
testx

Postby Warepire » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:07 pm

These limitations for free users have not been around for more than 2-3 weeks, all uploads prior to this date where not expected to have this problem at the time of the upload.

You are probably free to mirror the files on 4Shared accounts if you want to.
Some people are like slinkies... They're not really good for much but they do bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
Warepire

Postby testx » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Warepire wrote:These limitations for free users have not been around for more than 2-3 weeks, all uploads prior to this date where not expected to have this problem at the time of the upload.

I dunno what you exactly mean, but I cannot download the game "Paragraph 78"! Which was uploaded yesterday!

Warepire wrote:You are probably free to mirror the files on 4Shared accounts if you want to.

I would, if I could download.... :(
testx

Postby testx » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 pm

OK forget it! I've noticed, that you did not upload the game. You've just
taken the links from a russian warez site.

BTW The game is Russian-only, you should mention that...

LINK: http://aboutgames.ucoz.ru/load/2-1-0-73
testx

Postby Warepire » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:41 pm

I did not submit that game at all.

And the speed / download limitations (read: problems) I was talking about are just for free users, a few weeks ago this was fine.
Some people are like slinkies... They're not really good for much but they do bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
Warepire

Postby Shattered » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:26 pm

You can always use JDownloader for R$ links. Just queue them up and leave it overnight.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby 3dslUserLoad » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:30 pm

First I want to excuse me for the provided links. These were the only ones on the net. Be lucky If you were able to download them. P78 is an excellent straight shooter, I think.

Second the unavailability of the download links is not related to the Russian origin. It occurs to many other links, too. The reason is the avarice of the German operators of R$ !
But R$ is not an exception. HF or 4S and many other OCHs often limit the download speed to 50kb/s per file and extend their sites with more and more download restrictions...
3dslUserLoad

Postby Xeon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:16 pm

tell me about it, its becoming increasingly hard to download (let alone access) anything at the ever venerable 4shared these days :(
Xeon

Postby hfric » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:45 pm

did i mention that they server farms died and corrupted nearly all data ... Megaupload here i come , they new 200gig free accounts and they upload engine is fantastic compared to $shared
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby 3dslUserLoad » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:09 pm

It attracted to me that if I access any sources to any OCHs from a DE TDL I get restrictions. Either the download speed is drastically throttled or I can't even access the site. A good example for access refusal from German sites is "depositfiles.com".

Who wants to blame the Chinese for colorable censorship if the "Free Western Community" make similar restrictions!

My answer is:
The Western Europeans do it for money. But the Chinese do it to protect their people to not to waste any money for such cheap shit.
3dslUserLoad

Postby hfric » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:20 pm

dude LULZ "depositfiles.com" hahahaha its rapidshare new sister site , they share the same server farms and same FBI roots like rapidshare so yeah lulz

back in the ye old good days or 2005 Rapidshare, megaupload and Yahoo storing where the kings , then Come2Store then P2Mail G-Mail then FileHippo then 4share and now its BACK Megaupload
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm getting troubles upping on 4shared now...they changed site format, now the upload area is a pull-up section and when i choose multiple uploads, it only does the first file and others don't trigger. Hope it's only a temporary bug.

As for Megaupload, years ago when i was using it they would delete files after 2 or 3 months. Has this changed now? If so, I would begin using it too - though it does limit some countries which is not good.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Shattered » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 am

Scaryfun wrote:I'm getting troubles upping on 4shared now...they changed site format, now the upload area is a pull-up section and when i choose multiple uploads, it only does the first file and others don't trigger. Hope it's only a temporary bug.

I have the same problem. Sometimes it continues, sometimes it hangs. Clicking on the X will start the next file to be uploaded, but this is not very convenient.

Scaryfun wrote:As for Megaupload, years ago when i was using it they would delete files after 2 or 3 months. Has this changed now? If so, I would begin using it too - though it does limit some countries which is not good.

I just checked a file which has been uploaded more than 4 years ago on MU and it's still there. If you have a free account, files will be stored at least 90 after the last download.

Disadvantages of MU (they can be changed by now):

You can download up to 2 GB in a row, then you need to wait a few hours. Sometimes files are temporary unavailable. It has captcha (don't know if JDownloader can recognize those).

Other than that I think it's pretty good. The speeds are better most of the time than 4shared.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby zobraks » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Shattered wrote:Disadvantages of MU (they can be changed by now):
You can download up to 2 GB in a row, then you need to wait a few hours.
Not if you restart the Internet connection, and JDownloader can do that. :)

Shattered wrote:It has captcha (don't know if JDownloader can recognize those).
Yes, it can. :)
Shattered wrote:The speeds are better most of the time than 4shared.
Yes, and MU :up: is way much better than RS :down: in almost any other regard.
zobraks

Postby Warepire » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 am

zobraks wrote:
Shattered wrote:Disadvantages of MU (they can be changed by now):
You can download up to 2 GB in a row, then you need to wait a few hours.
Not if you restart the Internet connection, and JDownloader can do that. :)

This is not always true, this is only possible if your ISP provides you with more than one IP. In Sweden most ISPs do not do this.
Warepire

Next

Return to Site Suggestions