Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Why do people bother?

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Why do people bother?

Postby mobileinfantry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:59 am

You guys spend enough time getting us quality games, so why do people request Music Addons?

Ok, sound effects are necessary, as is most speech and textures. But music, now thats a total luxury not exactly required to enjoy a game.

When you spend so much time getting us all these games, surely your time is better spent fixing problems like broken downloads and reupping files, uploading more games or even taking a break or whatever then it is making music add-ons just because some guy wants his FREE game to be absolutely perfect?

I just think its a bit much to expect of you guys...its alot of extra work you could do without really.....i mean if someone wants their game to be THAT perfect...why dont they just go buy it!

Well, anyway, thanks for all the great downloads, i enjoy every single one of them (Music or no music!)
mobileinfantry

Postby Hellsgate » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:13 am

mobileinfantry Some games you just gotta have the music to complete the experience - Take max payne for example - I've played with and without music and prefer it with music and ambient.
As far as filling requests - we do what we can but ignore demands to do so - It's all done in our free time and things get fixed/filled/uploaded at out pace and some people just can't grasp that.

Thx for all the great comments dude and as far as the requests go for music for games - If we got it - it may be filled
:wink:
Hellsgate

Postby ILoVeScaryFun » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:01 am

i feel the same way... some dudes like dead-meat love music addon's and because they love them they wish to share it with other ppl who love them.

just because u and i don't care for em some ppl do :)
ILoVeScaryFun

Postby Shodan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:00 pm

A game without music just doesn't feel right to me. Parts of what sets up the emotion and atmosphere in games is the music. Take Deus Ex for example awesome game I've played it with and without music/voice pack, and though it's still perfect without them the experience it amplified so much by it not justing having silence between the gunbattles. :)

Personally I'm thinkful for the care the guys around here bring to make sure we get the full gaming experience. Hell if I wasn't on 56K I'd do my best to lend whatever help they needed because of how great a community we have going on.
Last edited by Shodan on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OwO
Shodan

Postby Lex » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:27 pm

I really don't mind if there's no music at all. I usually (always tbh) listen to my own music while I'm playing games, actually I can't play any game without some decent metal music, ESPECIALLY 3d shooter games.
Lex

Postby ILoVeScaryFun » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:39 am

Shodan don't bag 56K (suggest) is can do alot
ILoVeScaryFun

Postby mobileinfantry » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:35 am

You know the only game I TRULY missed the soundtrack in?

Quake II. Awesome metal soundtrack by sonic mayhem i believe, its half the damn game. Hell, I bought an original copy the day it came out, and it worked in my CD player as a music cd so i could listen to it outside the game.....and i did!

Quake 2 is definately a music add on must! I played it without the cd a few times and it just seems....dull or something.

The very first level....when the music gets going, its just so inspiring! A few 3d shooters should take from this....simply awesome.
mobileinfantry

Postby derek- » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:21 pm

metal, eh? it's a real pity that so few games have marilyn manson music in the soundtrack. i mean, her voice is so soothing that it makes you feel ever so relaxed (and yet, so excited ...). i remember a game that was released way back in 1996 (Diamonds-3D i believe it was called), and it had this song 'diamonds are a girl's best friend' in it ... really freaked me out. heheh.
does my status as a super member come with a free supply of bier-und-schnapps ?
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby loki1985 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:06 am

@derek-: you know "Marilyn Manson" actually is a guy?
i guess you might think of Ms. Monroe instead, right?
loki1985

Postby hurenBock » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:29 pm

mh i think all sounds a required for best atmosphere

i play splinter cell 2 without sound addons ambient and music
and its a little bit boring

but i dont mind
hurenBock

Postby brutalistu » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:10 pm

I cannot imagine Halo without it's music!!!!! I don't want to imagine it ... neither Doom 3 or Half Life 1 and 2!
I have the ripped version of Homerworld and I can't paly it... :( Same with the Freespace 2 ...

The soundtrack of the game is a BIG addition to the game's feeling!

recently I'm crazy about SW Republic Commando Demo's music. It's ... WOW!
brutalistu
Addicted Member

Postby hfric » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:46 pm

SW Republic Commando yup the music form this game is really nice
but Hitman 2 music is even better
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby stwin4 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:30 pm

I just wanted to share a laugh with derek or maybe at derek about Marilyn Manson being a girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :D and then to get excited about "her" voice :lol: :lol: :lol: :D this might be to much,sorry
stwin4

Return to General Topics