Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Prince of Persia The Two Thrones is censored???

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: Prince of Persia The Two Thrones is censored???

Postby RhymeKidder » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:34 am

@annoyment
Alright. Thanks for your really hard work and endurance.

They're both broken then in some way. Nothing I can do about (US)(DVD) NoCD then - it's bad somehow, it should be nuked. Just use RLD - it works. SalFisher47 (rin.ru) users should stick with his launcher - mod adds nothing useful.

Sorry folks. Waste of everyone's time.

edit2:
Lacking motivation. Minor new updates aren't worthwhile. Won't contribute anything good. Time to forget about this game. Going to trashpile.
RhymeKidder

Postby annoyment » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Yeah, sorry for the news mate. If one hasn't realized I was only done from the fixed exe standpoint. Now I'll focus on the patch exclusively (ofc working with just the RLD NoCD and the latest anon archive) and report the results during the evening.
But as you've noted here that'd mean the US uncen was flawed from the start and that my rants on the previous post's edit were true (will try to back that up by scouring YT for answers). Bonne chance dude...
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
RhymeKidder

Postby annoyment » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:59 pm

UPDATE: The disappear-split issue is now separate to either the PC US uncen version or yer project. Proof from PS2 US version gameplays here and here, thus partly disproving the UbiSods claim edit (now it exclusively refers to the PC port)...
End of log
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
RhymeKidder

Postby RhymeKidder » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:02 pm

A temp workaround with widescreen bootup - turn off in ini? (default = turn off option)

If original uncracked US exe is the problem, hard luck. I haven't heard of any problems with PS2 or PS3 HD decapitations.

Sticky mouse... I have no idea still. I've read confirmed reports that fps > 60 or vsync > 60 will mess up your game. But that doesn't seem to be problem with Shattered or annoyment issues.

I'm going to stick with SoT DVD exe since it doesn't have Starforce litter (same with WW Italian exe - it's unprotected just like DVD and 99.999% identical to WW cracks). And use uncensor mod since it's playable for me.

On bright side, US exe is cracked. Poorly or not, it's an option for someone who wants it in future.

@annoyment
If you have vmware, you could try uncracked us there also. Just because I don't notice anything doesn't mean someone else has issues.

You've already done enough testing though. TBH, I don't think it'll make any difference - glitched kills with US. And probably even uncensor mod with EU build.

edit:
Just read your edit. :)
RhymeKidder

Postby Shattered » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:05 pm

I didn't have the chance to test the new mod, but I'm going to do it this week. Thanks again.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby myloch » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:57 pm

I think more people have to test us crack/uncensor mod before being demoralized and discard all work ;)
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Postby RhymeKidder » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:34 pm

There's at least 2 with the killing glitches - probably more. At least different 2 with unfixable sticky mouse. There's graphics glitch = 1. And there's a different crowd that thinks the mod is useless anyway (which neutral fairly it mostly is). Or that new crack is worse than original one with dll extender. Plus there's GUI error at highres. And that bootup resolution error. That's enough for me to keep this game uninstalled for awhile now. :lol:

@annoyment
Graphics glitch. Have you tried changing some different options hardware.ini?

NonPow2Textures <== flip this?
HardwareTnL <== flip this?
HeatShimmering <== flip this?
BlurFX <== flip this?

You might have to make hardware.ini read-only or run pop3 directly to avoid accidental game edits.

Also thought about your kill glitching. I'm betting it's the decapitation code itself - original US exe affected, decap mod also affected. All PC versions will suffer this problem though if I'm thinking correctly.
RhymeKidder

Postby RhymeKidder » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Someone suggested to remap 'glitched' decap attacks for ones that work. I know that idea doesn't work - crashes game. It gave me an idea so I re-installed 3 games again. Yes I loved having those extra 4-5 GB of free space.

Result?

03 04 - 83 82 - vault over, slash decap
03 04 - f3 f2 - 5-6 cut speed kill, fall apart vanish
03 04 - a8 a7 - chest stab speed kill, disintegrate
03 04 - <misc>

04 03 - 83 82 - roundhouse counter decap
04 03 - 83 82 - wall vault, charged strike decap

Those 2 look suspicious considering every other I've seen uses 03 04. I tried 04 03 with vault slash and such. They disappear into a ball of sand instead now..

I'll look into a way of (fixing?) this so it's 3 4 and let you guys try. Ubisoft porters. :||
RhymeKidder

Postby game_over_1993 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:15 pm

The funniest thing is that when you rewind time ater wall attack and block attack, splitted body becomes visible.
game_over_1993

Postby annoyment » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Moving on: using the mod on a raw trial exe (before/without SF applied) gives out the 0x0000142 application error (because ProActive maybe, IDK). After then combining with the RLD NoCD (and even in reverse order), POP3 can be ran directly admin-free as well (mod's work, tested once as is, and then once with all zeroes in ini, all on first-run fresh installs). The mod does work as intended to, vidya, widescreen et cetera.
The uncen works exactly the same as in exe - all bodies' splits get shown except the known vertical wall-run and block-counter (although now I found out that the disappearance only affects the dagger - the split with the secondary weapon is neatly displayed). I'll finally push myself to DL Shattered's US entry tomorrow and check it out on my greater piece-of-crap XP SP2 host desktop to put an end to the UbiSods speculation.
As for hardware.ini it's not a big deal to bother ATM, after I've bothered this much with the game itself (beat it twice, normal & hard, not wanting to make Lowenthal more annoying than myself :D )...
Hoping on being flawed from the start :lol:
EDIT: That different address idea might be good, except that the ball-glitch is enemy-selective (from testing it only happens on horned muscle mooks and archers, the masked dancing gurls and helmed zombie-orc light-haters die glitch-free, wouldn't hurt to see more into it)...
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby RhymeKidder » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:37 am

After studying how decaps work for some time, I think someone @ Ubisoft messed up. Remapped wall vault + counter to not use 'special' 4-3 version but 3-4 (brute kills). Archer works this way also.

The test:
https://ano=nfiles.com/file/5133d6e641c ... 796c0a8bc2
LegendsWorld

Never experienced ball glitch with Archer. What move to try?
RhymeKidder

The following user would like to thank RhymeKidder for this post
annoyment

Postby game_over_1993 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:29 pm

The archer works properly, but other enemies don't. Could you please upload this patch on 4shared ? (anonfiles says that file doesn't exist)
game_over_1993

Postby RhymeKidder » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Take out '=' from anonfiles link - bot protection. ;)
edit: Tried link and it downloaded

Another user confirms:
- uncracked us exe = ball glitch (brute)
- decap mod = no ball glitch

Looks promising.

edit:
alt link
https://www.sen=dspace.com/file/e5457m
RhymeKidder

The following user would like to thank RhymeKidder for this post
BlackDaemon, game_over_1993

Postby game_over_1993 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Yes, I took out = but it still says that file doesn't exist. Sorry( This site is banned in my country,but it cannot find file even when I try to bypass it even with Tor Browser.
Edit
the alt link works. Thank you!
Edit 2:
I chekced the patch. Everything works now and the enemy doesn't become invisible after block or wall attack. Great job!
How do you think, is it possible to make the patch which allows to decap ordinary guard in the beginning of the game?
game_over_1993

Postby RhymeKidder » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:36 pm

If you force decap on humans, there's no animation - body just disappears and you briefly get a ball of blood.
RhymeKidder

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics