Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Other Game Genres

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Other Game Genres

Postby cyberlust » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:14 pm

Hey, I am new to this board, I stumbled onto your downloads page the other day and you have some really cool Demos, I was wondering if there was anyone here that ran a similar site on different Genres such as Adventure/RPGs, Strategy, Simulations, ETC

I run a mainstream adult site (check my profile) if someone can hook me up with such info I might be persuaded to hook up a DEMO account *smiles*
-= Cyberlust =-
cyberlust

Postby derek- » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:09 pm

i'm afraid there's no one such here ... everybody present at this forum is slightly obsessed with 3D shooting games as far as i can remember (don't ask me why : being a goldfish, my total memory span is just over 3 seconds. by the way : why did you ask?).

some waiting-to-be-explored-goldmines for people who dislike 3D shooting games (wahahaha, as if there were such people ...) are the underdogs and zuh french kiess ..... delve into it.
does my status as a super member come with a free supply of bier-und-schnapps ?
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby Kessler » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:58 pm

In my opinion this site covers a relatively broad variety of genres already, since it is not only about First-Person Shooters, but also covers Third-Person Action games, Arcade Shooters and even titles from the Survival Horror genre.

"3D Shooter" is kind of an old and inaccurate term anyways, since it´s not really a genre.
Kessler
Addicted Member

Postby cyberlust » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:19 pm

Well actually you are correct kessler and incorrect. It ISNT a genre, but FPS *is* and that is the main interest to the admin whom I have spoken to here. They cover some other genres like side-scrollers and such but even those they place in a seperate area of thier download areas. (marked Special) I understand its like me walking into a harley convention and asking about the latest rice-burner, but when there is such a great collective HERE there has to be a few people that play more than just FPS games that is what I was hoping to find.

dont get me wrong, I would ride a harley before I considered a rice-burner and I love FPS games, I just like having everything ya know? Plus I have been rather angry with the whole FPS scene and growingly moreso for the last few years, there are FPS games that havent been released that damn well should be there and all these other ones that come out are second rate compared to such things in my eyes..

what games?

lets try DIABLO in FPS mode... THAT would be awesome

or how about the great grandaddy of all fudge

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

c'mon enough is enough with the delays, every time they push that title back Its my opinion they make themesleves a less company... Duke got them rolling its BS that they keep pushing titles and they dont finish that one. Hell release the old 2001 model ofr crissakes and be done with it!
-= Cyberlust =-
cyberlust

Postby Xeon » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:20 pm

"3D Shooter" isnt a exactly genre, true. but its just the main motif that this place follows. and while it didnt follow the motif exactly, i dont believe it has to.
Xeon

Return to General Topics