Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Resident Evil - 1.5/breakdown

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby erc » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:26 pm

Surely it was CV with the hardest start of all - RE2 is easy all-throught, and RE3 is also a easy one, apart from Nemesis of course; heh.

It was hard for me to adapt to CV at first since it plays a little different compared to the first three. I also dislike it a bit since with this game the series start to lose it's essence and tend to be more action-oriented games - even RE3 was over-crowded with zombies at places.

To my knowledge Capcom abandoned the original RE2 when they realized that the game was just like the first one and they wanted something different. I always thought that the game would be cooler if it was released in it's first form - just look at that Police Department, it looks so sweet and atmospheric with all the blue tones around!
erc

Postby Lifeforce » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:31 pm

erc wrote:Surely it was CV with the hardest start of all - RE2 is easy all-throught, and RE3 is also a easy one, apart from Nemesis of course; heh.

heeeheee i agree ;) . I was really shocked with all these zombies coming out the cementery groovy earth! I really where... i allways wanted to grap this case behind the fire (blinking) ....uhhhh that burns.....Claire was crying like a baby.... i thought girls like it hot. Well that was to hot for her i suppose -lol-. Its a shame you don´t see any zombies having sex *rofl*.

It was hard for me to adapt to CV at first since it plays a little different compared to the first three. yepp, difficult to handle the menue and fighting positions. I don´t like the DC gamepad. Its just not my style.
I use a old CH gamepad which for me is the best game pad ever arround. And only costs arround 5EUR! because its old-fashioned. Please don´t laugh :) i know its really old, ugly and not very attractive compared to this new "killers"...but its a cool party pad and its very lightweightend.
here´s a pic:
http://www.technofile.com/images/gamepad.gif

I also dislike it a bit since with this game the series start to lose it's essence and tend to be more action-oriented games - even RE3 was over-crowded with zombies at places.
yepp true...(in RE3) sometimes boring empty streets and than again crowds of zombies... but i like CodeVX because of its thinking skills again.
I don´t even know anymore (forgot somehow) how to pass this spezial room with this weapon box in the beginning. Where you have to place all metall things in...that costs me a lot of time finding that out. Aspecially getting these granates out this room again :) .

- just look at that Police Department, it looks so sweet and atmospheric with all the blue tones around!
yeah, the graphic have been much more detailed in the former RE versions. In RE3 the police station and aspecially the street before looked quite artificial. This way no street looks like...not even a side street with a police station... a bit froggy....much better in RE2 with all its gardens in front and a broader street when i remember it correctly.

Ohh i must tell a really freaky-heavy scene allright?
Happend in RE3 somehow in the middle of the game. So Claire was in this rest room behind the restaurant -maybe you remember- thats where the green herbs are standing arround and the barber shop is. So i left the rest room.....ohhhh my good...NEMESIS! just some meters away....he just grapped me over and over again..... there was nothing i could do to shoot him down or run away that fast. I even started the games several times....
boom NEMESIS was back again! Horror i can tell you!!!
So i had to cheat! I normaly don´t do that...but this time...there WAS NO CHANCE GOING OUT WITHOUT BEING KILLED! Honestly i would tell its a bug :) . I cheated with the most effective weapon against him:
-the freeze grenade launcher- that helds him on distance very nicely ;) .

greetings
TheL

L
Lifeforce

Postby Lifeforce » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:22 pm

:shock: am i hallucinating :shock: ? This PSX Biohazard 1,5 (Prototype).rar 103.43MB isn´t the intro video, is it?

Code: Select all
http://principle.jp/bbs2/cf.cgi?id=hirorine&mode=alk
Lifeforce

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:56 pm

Found on emule which is that exact size but someone wrote it's fake - Biohazard 2 Trial. :evil:

ed2k://|file|[PS1]%20Biohazard%20(Prototype)%20(rub)%20(01)%20(=%20BH2trail)|108455911|13CC8CC81AF4F5620C92CCB8AC3E21E1|/

There's also these -
ed2k://|file|[PS1]%20Biohazard%20(Prototype)%20(rub)%20(02)%20(=%20BH2trail)|260194604|8E3AD809615FEC1777EDD83C14836EA0|/
ed2k://|file|[PS1]%20Biohazard%20(Prototype)%20(rub)%20(03)%20(=%20BH2trail)|282465188|58934736E5AB3263AD62A6DDC0C2BAAE|/
ed2k://|file|[PS1]%20Biohazard%20(Prototype)%20(rub)%20(04).url|210|65830B38AB48513482904DD316A61FB1|/
ed2k://|file|[PS1]%20Biohazard%20(Prototype)%20(rub)%20(05)|5951488|C9B8A5891BC8C2E795DF8A12061B0913|/
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Lifeforce » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:16 am

:( yeah, right.These guy´s here are discussing exactly these files...

http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=797&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=05824ac93a3b50484e492992501519d9

Also some month ago i read, that the special JAP PS1 Biohazard edition only contains pictures and 2 short videos from RE 1.5 which have been mentioned and posted earlier.

so this game will ever stay a big mystery :D
Lifeforce

Postby hfric » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:08 am

maybe this biohazard 1,5 is CODENAME VERONICA :?:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Lifeforce » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:36 am

These are quite interesting discussions about three beta versions...but i didn´t found even one of them :lol: Anyhow..intersting stuff to read and great pictures!

http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=jill+beta1&start=0

http://www.flexbeta.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t1157.html

http://blog.khan.co.kr/media/index.asp?uid=alucar2&folder=29

http://forum.resitez.pl/viewtopic.php?t=2151&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=826f97659829392507c7987ff259ac98

http://foto.inbox.lv/sarissa/ResidentEvil15
Lifeforce

Re: Resident Evil - 1.5/breakdown

Postby annoyment » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Well, lemme shed the latest light on an outdated thread regarding this topic:
3 betas (post above) = 1 alpha (the one shown @ V-Jump, with different Leon, probably lost forever) & 2 betas (the 40% and 70%/80% one, the latter's suspected of still residing @ CAPCOM, and presumed of containing FMVs and voice acting as well, AKA only bugfix work remaining 'till its release, which turned into cancellation). The "zombie kids" statement has been proven invalid over time! And no, hfric, CV had its development started right on Dreamcast after RE2, so that argument is also invalid :P
The following post will contain the history of the leak of this game's 40% build up to this day, stay tuned...
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:49 pm

During the buzz about 1.5 there were various cases of protos sold on eBay, Amazon etc. with high probability of scam being on most of them (I know of a case, one person lost $500). But one of the cases were eventually true, and thus a bunch of guys (from Germany) collected their cash and sealed the deal. This bunch eventually became Team IGAS that we know of today. After the purchase the gang turned to try their luck on fan-polishing the game (since it was a big deal back then), with only a select few being informed about existence of the group and the proto itself (and also given a some sort of an NDA as well, :google: that), and an even smaller number being granted an ever-so-important ISO demos, now known as Pure Vanilla Build and Magic Zombie Door build (that contained all the work done by IGAS before the leak).
The number of personnel grew until the inevitable happened - a person, now known as Colvin, has been selling the MZB build he's been shared to. Which lead to the massive celebration in the fanbase once the leak occurred, at least until the whole truth came out, forcing Team IGAS to reveal itself as well (the PVB has been leaked along the way). The cause of Colvin's actions have been hinted by MarkGrass (a long-known and respected RE modder) as Colvin having had hardships in life at the time of the said action (the details are not to be discussed, as this entire controversy has ended).
So, after the dust has settled, Team IGAS started publicly updating the progress on their work (with their spokesperson being MrBZork). And for the time being, another effort has been underway by ResidentEvil123 members (spanning two boards), in the form of improvements using XDELTA patches, moderated by MartinBiohazard and dxp (not to be confused with drx, a respected rare video game collector). Some time passed until the updates started becoming scarce, until eventually drying out. More to follow...
Last edited by annoyment on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Enter Gemini! This person is known in the PS1 modding community for doing the programming work on fan-translations of few well-acclaimed Japanese-only games, working on his very own engine, along with Resident Evil: Behind The Mask (a fan-made retelling of the first spinoff of this franchise - Survivor) at the time. His work was (and still is) promising, thus being commissioned by Team IGAS, and since then he was porting 1.5 (with all the mods along with the new work to follow) to his his new engine, essentially reconstructing the entire game, with the final result to be a never-before-seen experience as initially envisioned by CAPCOM, with all the prospects of a complete technical overhaul, pipeline and all. For the time all was well...
Until the clashes with the other restoration patching effort and its supporters began to occur. It was an all-out flame war between "obliterating the source originality and integrity" with the former and a "mending case of preventing a Hindenburg" with the latter (as possible examples, details of this conflict IDK, nor I care). The end-result of this war (that ended somewhat half a year ago) is that the XDELTA patching project has been killed due to mistreatment of its community by MartinBiohazard and dxp (now administrators of boards mentioned in the post above), and that the work itself has been lacking in significance, along with disrespect towards its modders associated in part with this project, as well as the loss of credibility of said duo in multiple occasions spanning various boards.
Some (or possibly all of it, dunno) of this info has been documented by SolidSnake11 (see his YouTube channel, although bit of a mess there), who has at times contributed to this effort, as well as received such "suffering" throughout ( :thanks: to this dude, he's now somewhat reluctant for cooperation, but always luvin' sum lulz). This controversy has deemed almost the entire RE community "destroyed", and that its revival is now based on how well the next RE installments are going to fare with its fanbase.
Today the joint Team IGAS/Gemini project is holding fairly well IMO, and is receiving occasional sit-reps (even releasing a tech-demo), along with Gemini taking other projects (one being the Mizzurna Falls translation hack), with the "defeated" party using every possible instance to tarnish the team's integrity, and often so. I've had a chance to speak with both Gemini and SolidSnake11 (and both from Italy myloch :D ) in comments, and during one of the 1.5 development live-streams (even giving a shout-out about this here's RE3 Restoration Project), and based on that, LOBOTO3&SOLIDSNAKE11 IS A PRETTY COOL GUY, EH H4X 4 LULZ AND DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING!
This has been an abridged history of the entire set of happenings to this day regarding BIOHAZARD 1.5! Some information may be inaccurate (possibly due to abridging circumstances), and I apologize if that's the case (please contribute proper insights where needed). :thanks: for reading...
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:04 am

Thanks for the infos. It's a shame when people put their egos above the actual work and resulting in no-one being able to experience something fans have been craving.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby annoyment » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:17 am

Gulp, SolidSnake11 linked here, and already complaining and pointing fingers (I'm supporting the Gemini cause BTW) instead of assisting, as quoted:
Some information may be inaccurate (possibly due to
abridging circumstances), and I apologize if that's the case (please contribute proper insights where needed).

Yer a good dude (and I appreciate yer work and trolling) but pls take a chill pill cazzo :lol:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Previous

Return to General Topics