Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Resident Evil - 1.5/breakdown

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Resident Evil - 1.5/breakdown

Postby Lifeforce » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:50 pm

Hi,

normaly i am not that mad and freaky getting rare games but what i read today makes my heart bumping like hell!Did you know that there was an RE 2 game before the official released version? YES! It was called resident evil - 2 but was dropped to bin! Now is known as Resident evil "1.5" or "breakdown"!

click here to read more...
http://www.residentevilfan.com
http://www.bioflames.com

and:
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/Res ... page2.html

also funny, this guy would rather take the game than a million dollars! http://be.totallyre.com/quizlet/007/

Does anyone know where to get a japanese director cut PS1 of RE 1?
Its believed to be on it as a demo bonus game! Waow....thats freaky cool!

- :cool: that knocks me off :cool: -

greetings
TheLifeforce

"If you want to become TheLifeforce best friend, support him with info where to get this lovely piece of charme"
Lifeforce

Postby Alfredo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:05 pm

I never really liked RE, but I would change my opinion about it for this rare collectors item... :D
Alfredo
Advanced Member

Postby Felix » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:52 pm

I don't have the jap version.... but I have the dual shock directors cut US version RE1...
T E <=block of text
X T
Felix
Addicted Member

Postby InsaneFury » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:39 pm

Sooo... What makes you think the game was actually released or leaked?

Seems to me that whenever someone 'bins' a project, there won't be any playable versions out... ;)

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby Lifeforce » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:46 pm

SldsSnks wrote:I never really liked RE, but I would change my opinion about it for this rare collectors item... :D

..y´don´t have to be a mad fan to love this game :) . It must be something special along with this game if somoene refuses 1 mio dollars.

InsaneFury wrote:Sooo... What makes you think the game was actually released or leaked?
Seems to me that whenever someone 'bins' a project, there won't be any playable versions out... ;)

http://www.residentevilfan.com/trailers.asp

funny that some "bins" actually are so alive ;) -cantstoplaughingnow-

..its a great game... i really favour the old RE1 ...more scary and shocking. Don´t know which virus infected capcom to bin this brilliant work which was nearly finished....they could have made a freeware version out of it at least.....must have been a very aggresive virus i suggest so.

I think they earn to much money in these chief offices...they never think about the horror a real fan goes through waiting for is loved games to be
on.
Lifeforce

Postby InsaneFury » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:46 am

TheLifeforce wrote:http://www.residentevilfan.com/trailers.asp

funny that some "bins" actually are so alive ;) -cantstoplaughingnow-
Actually, that doesn't say the game was released:
Resident Evil 1.5 (as Resident Evil 2 - 1997) / United States

This video appeared on the PlayStation Underground discs that you could get direct from Sony and gives a quick glimpse into the Resident Evil title never released.

If having a trailer for a game means it's released, I think I need to request Duke Nukem Forever ASAP... :lol:

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby Felix » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:18 am

InsaneFury wrote: I think I need to request Duke Nukem Forever ASAP... :lol:

oh! oh! me too!! muhahahha... :twisted:
T E <=block of text
X T
Felix
Addicted Member

Postby Lifeforce » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:02 pm

i am googling like a drugster to find it

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PlayStation: 1997)

A re-release of the original Resident Evil featuring a new difficulty setting containing alternate costumes, an enhanced ("one of a thousand") model of the Beretta, new camera angles and different item and enemy placement. A new enemy zombie was also introduced in this version. Originally packaged with a Resident Evil 2 demo, a later version was released featuring compatibilty for Sony's Dual Shock controller, a new soundtrack by Mamoru Samuragoch and (exclusive to the Japanese release) a bonus disk with downloadable save data and footage of the unreleased prototype version of Resident Evil 2 ("Resident Evil 1.5").

http://www.answers.com/topic/resident-evil

The original sequel to Resident Evil?
Then along Leon Kennedy's path he encountered a woman named... Elza Walker? Wait! What story is this? Here is a case of practice makes perfect. What is referred to as Resident Evil 1.5 was supposed to be the first sequel to Resident Evil. Leon would've been in this game but instead of Claire having a character role it would've been a girl named Elza. After almost completing the game it was entirely scrapped and revised from scratch. In the better opinion of producer Shinji Mikami, restarting Resident Evil 2 was a necessary step to take for the creation of a worthy sequel. In subtle comparisons to the two Resident Evil sequel concepts, RE 1.5 has modern looking buildings and overweight cops as opposed to RE 2 having old-fashion looking buildings and thin cops. An item in RE 1.5 that unfortunately isn't in RE 2 is a bullet proof vest that changes a character's appearance, increases personal storage capacity, adds to the character's endurance against attacks, and even stains of blood during prolonged moments of being attacked. Though what finally became Resident Evil 2 can easily be said is a fantastic game, one sometimes can't help to be curious about what might've been.

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/504/refacts.html

Resident Evil 2
Developed simultaneously for both the Saturn and PlayStation, Capcom's Survival Horror sequel was not coming along as planned. Production Studio 2 then restarted the project, but sadly it was too late for a Saturn version. As a footnote, it is believed that the Saturn prototype was approximately 15% complete, as opposed to the PlayStation's 75-80%. In the latter's case, only the last few sections were supposedly needed before testing would have begun. Also, the very first Japanese television commercial for this game showed not only a Saturn logo but plenty of footage from the original PS code, now dubbed "Biohazard 1.5" by the minority of fans not satisfied with the final edition. This long-lost game even has its own petition, but to release this game would create a massive plothole within Capcom's carefully-planned series structure.

http://www.segafans.com/forums/index.ph ... #entry8789

MSD6377Some Interesting OLD links

"Joe Kirk" The Webmaster of site is in possession of I'd call it unseen or unrevealed pics ,movies which were presented in early 1997. As I know, dude downloaded all stuff straight from Capcom's official site.
Back in 1997, when I've first entered the site , I mailed him immediately asking about Re1.5. He told me that there were floating many RE1.5 movies around the net(such as hard to get in present time). When Capcom officially had canceled game, most of it disappeared. Also Capcom deleted everything related with Biohazard 1.5, so the guy removed pics and movies from his own site too.
Why'd he do that? I suppose we never find out.
I hadn't cared about it so much then, but things have changed at these days. Now my first priority is "get beta of biohazard 1.5, collect all the screens ,movies, infos anything". That's why I have tried to contact Webmaster of "unknown" site but he hasn't responded so far. Site hasn't been updated since four years. But I've noticed one text in his so-called message board. Fresh post from January 2002. Somebody asked him about how to get biohazard 1.5 copy and he didn't answer on that too. I guess the main reason of question was Joe's news section. In that time Joe(webmaster) wrote that I Quote: "10/1/98.....There is a rumor in Japan that a playable version of RE 1.5 will be coming out and it won't come out in the U.S., so then import it." What'd he mean by that? Does he know something that we don't? Maybe he still has a few movies and pictures which we haven't seen already.
I figured out we could inform him about Inflames' Re 1.5 site ,so that he would send us stuff which he removed. Especially I'm really curious of those three clips. I remember when couldn't download it at that time(slow modem ,slow connection, spent almost half night for nothing), but now it can be done in a matter of minutes
What do you think folks? Is it worth give a try?

...only cache link....

xexex
01-19-2005, 08:01 AM
john tv wrote:

Mark (MacD, above) and I played Biohazard 1.5 several years back when visiting a friend of ours at Capcom who had access to 'the vault.' Definitely one of my most memorable experiences during the PS1 era, especially since we were really rabid Biohazard fans back then and pretty much nobody outside of Capcom had ever been given a chance to try it.

I also have a copy of Code: Veronica for Dreamcast that has the first-person mode built into the main game. And Mark has tons of old beta versions of the RE games (especially RE1) that have various different contents that never made it into the final games.

http://www.ga-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-32079.html

also check oit these videos!
ADDED 6/04/2003
Biohazard 1.5 (aka Resident Evil 1.5) (PSX) - movie 1 not commercial - 2.1 MB
Biohazard 1.5 (aka Resident Evil 1.5) (PSX) - movie 2 not commercial - 2.6 MB

http://reklamy.gry-online.pl/indexUKG.htm

and finaly...
http://www.geocities.com/rehorror4/re15.html
http://www.morbidcreations.com/re_behin ... column.htm
http://www.geocities.com/bioflames/elza.html

conclusion:
"It may be on JAP- PSX1 RE1 OR PSX1 RE 2 director cut edition"

quite interesting to know....in RE 1.5 are zombie-kids! Maybe thats a good reason why they took them out and re-wrote the whole game new?!

:( but y´re right InsaneFury thats not official either :(
Lifeforce

Postby InsaneFury » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:15 pm

Best bet would be trying to get in touch with one of the CapCom people that worked on the title. They might be the only hope of ever finding an early version of that title...

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby erc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:22 am

There isn't a released version of this game - as of now.

Japanese Director's Cut Edition comes packed with a bonus disc, in which there are four gameplay videos of Resident Evil 1.5; these videos can be found on the net nowadays.

Japanese RE 2 DCE doesn't have anything fancy like that - just adds Dual Shock support to the game.

Though I know that some fans try to persuade Capcom to release this prototype version as a bonus beside a future RE game - I am not sure if it'll work though.
erc

Postby Lifeforce » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:49 am

Hi erc,

thanks for this precise info. That keeps everything up line.

But because i can´t give up holding into this dream...i will ask Yuko from tokyo to search for some keywords for me. Just for fun ;) of course -lol-.

found another cool site!
http://www.survivhor.com/RE1.5/index.html
excellent mp4 videos and drawings!

conclusion:
One thing is very strange and mysterious. There´s actually no page discussing this japanese/chinese (actually i believe its japanese still) gun survivor PC side game. Its not even mentioned on either of these hard core RE fanpages....that keeps me hoping of RE 1.5 coming out one day caurse one drunken jerk puts it online and breaks the circle of silence. We will see....as time health everything....and offers wonders.

greets
TheL
Lifeforce

Postby erc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:31 pm

The original Gun Survivor has a bad reputation in the RE community - the least, back when it was first released; since it was the first spin-off and dramatically different from the other games.

Though I like this game - in my opinion, it has a different flavour to it and for some reason I love the atmosphere.

Since the PC port was only released on Asia, it won't be easy to find.
erc

Postby Lifeforce » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am

erc wrote:The original Gun Survivor has a bad reputation in the RE community -

yeah thats sad...it just was released to late. If it would have been released before these DOOM games, it might have become more popular. I personally think most of the just now good graphic 3D games lost basic-game- atmospheres. I don´t mean they are getting bad though...its just they just break out of the main concept. You can see it now on RE 4. They played arround with four different concepts now and they are suffering on their self-excelsion. ...better....better...better... and its getting....worse...more worse afterwards. My loved RE is still RE1 and i really don´t mind its lecking graphics or these stairs-step-scenes. I think its our humanity that we all claim out more but where will it end? Totaly perfection? But isn´t this becoming boring after a while? I love the old game ideas though...like Rayman 1, Desert Strike, Budokan, R-Type and some more...they are simple but with great game concept.

Take Clever and Smart for instance...just tried it for a couple of days. Nice idea...but to much details are a pain! If you put to much freedom into a game its gets boring and y´struggle with the story itself. Better to have a basic storyline predestinated and fixed like in RE1.

Though I like this game - in my opinion, it has a different flavour to it and for some reason I love the atmosphere.
haven´t played it yet. My friend just got it downloaded but looked up is XP
file system because of a new installation (bad virus infection). Hope to get it next week. But what seens so far it really looks nice and from reading the walkthrough similar to RE1 with all its rooms. Looking forward to play it!

Since the PC port was only released on Asia, it won't be easy to find. ....hope there are some people interested in writing an language patch. I am sure even though its bad remarks, it will get a "revival" chance totay!

greetings
TheL
Lifeforce

Postby erc » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:33 am

My favourite RE game is also the original - for reference I have played RE1, 2, 3, CVX, Survivor, Dead Aim and Gaiden.

Sounds like we have the same ideas on what makes games enjoyable. ;)
erc

Postby Lifeforce » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:04 pm

Yes ;) , thats cool!

related to codeVX:
My friend has got an DreamCast and i play CodeVX there quite often.I felt so in love with this really nice looking Claire...woaw...i have to record some scenes one day for a desktop screen saver :).
I think CodeVX has the hardest beginning of the games (have played so far RE1,RE2,RE3) because of this cementery fighting action only armed with an knife. What do you think whats your hardest beginning sequel to deal with?

btw. I just went through the movies again...this (biohazard15_9.zip) video shows an interisting interview with one of the co-producers of RE 1.5 and explains more detailed about why it was re-written. Thats really something concrete!

http://www.survivhor.com/RE1.5/VIDEOS/

greets
TheL
Lifeforce

Next

Return to General Topics