Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ 4Shared help

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

4Shared help

Postby ClubShrimp91 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:44 pm

This evening, I tried logging in to the 4shared desktop downloader to get some stuff uploaded here, but it told me that the version I'm using is no longer supported, and refused to log me in. The reason I'm using an older version of the program is because I can't get the most recent version to install successfully - says something about an "ap.dll" being missing, and this prevents me from using the program. I downloaded the most recent one again to see if anything had changed, but the problem persists. 4Shared links don't work with JDownloader (you can only use the official downloader), and downloading a folder from 4Shared through a browser is very slow. I could sit by my laptop and download each individual part of the games I'm trying to get, but that's tedious. Unlike folders, parts only take a second to download - I guess this is to make you pay for the convenience that premium offers - but it's just so tedious.

So does anyone have any solutions? Or do I really just have to do it all the old fashioned way?
ClubShrimp91

Re: 4Shared help

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:26 am

I used to have the 4shared app installed to upload then it stopped working years ago, i could never fix it.
jDownloader 2 works fine with 4shared links. Make sure it's not the old jDownloader 1 installed on your comp.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby annoyment » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:36 am

Yeah, we're aware about a few parts of 4shared's change of data handling (I, for sure, know one thing, leechers work no more, unless proven otherwise), thus me thinks why some of the contributors (no offense :D) started putting new uploads somewhere else, keeping the previous uploads there for link consistency sake. And at some point, for this case that is, even that starts to fail (don't wanna point at anyone, but I presume Molitor's hard time the issue is giving is the easiest to notice ATM). But that's a side-story, which may have been the cause of your issue as well. Your question is about knowing a few more contemporary actions that'll grant you the keeping of your authenticated user's rights?
Okay that's enough, can't smooth talk anymore :lol: Here's what I'll do:
1. Grab the said dll from the downloader's latest version and c/p into the former one.
2. If that fails, get a Hypervisor, an OS ISO, and that Lemonade-whatever spyware-ridden browser that grants you free premium.
3. Last option, test it, hadn't time myself, get IDM (always the latest one, no matter if torrent or portable, latest it must be), learn its ways and see what happens (it may not be liked, being a DAP sibling in terms of operation).
For me I always grab stuff from the browser, not minding about the speed (even 500kbps is SANIC, I know we, the KEBAB REMOVERS people, are in the higher norm, but for now I sure ain't :P).
Oh, and one more thing, when dealing with folders, always pack them all in an archive ("download as") for storing on your folder (I'm still free, currently trying to find an alternative archiver for B1 free), and that way grab them all at once without wait (they're like your own, but I delete them after DL, for contributors' sake, you should practice that too).
That's all the current wisdom I have to share to all, including you. Hope I haven't offended anyone and/or everyonewith my sticks, and stones, but mostly words :mrgreen:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby ClubShrimp91 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:05 am

Scaryfun wrote:jDownloader 2 works fine with 4shared links.

Won't work for me. "Skipped - Account is missing" every time. I'm using a fully updated JDownloader 2.

annoyment wrote:Oh, and one more thing, when dealing with folders, always pack them all in an archive ("download as") for storing on your folder (I'm still free, currently trying to find an alternative archiver for B1 free), and that way grab them all at once without wait

This was the first thing I did, but like I said, the speed is very slow. If I downloaded each part separately, it would take less time, but would be much more tedious. I think they slow down the download speed dramatically if you opt to download as a single folder (".B1" file) and don't have a premium account. Still, I might do this anyway, despite how slow it is.

annoyment wrote:Grab the said dll from the downloader's latest version and c/p into the former one.

Actually it's the latest version that's missing the dll after installation, but I might reinstall the old one to see if it has a copy of it I could give to the new one... I don't know if that would work.
ClubShrimp91

Postby ClubShrimp91 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:23 am

I got the latest version of the downloader working by just copying ap.dll from the earlier version into the latest version. I'd recommend that people use this given that downloading in bulk through the browser is super slow, downloading separately through the browser is tedious, and 4shared links don't work through JDownloader (1 and 2), at least for me. Using the downloader is like downloading in bulk with great speeds.

This is the older version I took ap.dll from.
ClubShrimp91

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:34 am

Just right-click and copy each individual file link in 4shared folder and it goes into jDownloader 2 fine. Only old uploads have lots of individual parts. Lately, I and others have compressed releases into bigger parts or have used mega instead to avoid parts disappearing on 4shared.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Shattered » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:37 am

ClubShrimp91 wrote:Won't work for me. "Skipped - Account is missing" every time. I'm using a fully updated JDownloader 2.

You need to enter your 4shared account details into JDownloader. You can add multiple accounts in Settings --> Account Manager.

At the moment, JDownloader only recognizes file links, not folder links. In order to get all file links for one folder, open your browser and make sure you're logged in into your account. Then copy the 4shared URL and paste it into your browser. Change the word "folder" into "dir", then press enter. Now you can select and copy all links at once via the top checkbox so JDownloader can download them.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby annoyment » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:04 pm

You're :welcome: I'll try to prove the IDM theory myself, :thanks: to all for the insight on how to work with 4shared in general...
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby ClubShrimp91 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Shattered wrote:
ClubShrimp91 wrote:Won't work for me. "Skipped - Account is missing" every time. I'm using a fully updated JDownloader 2.

You need to enter your 4shared account details into JDownloader. You can add multiple accounts in Settings --> Account Manager.

At the moment, JDownloader only recognizes file links, not folder links. In order to get all file links for one folder, open your browser and make sure you're logged in into your account. Then copy the 4shared URL and paste it into your browser. Change the word "folder" into "dir", then press enter. Now you can select and copy all links at once via the top checkbox so JDownloader can download them.

Didn't know this. Very helpful, thanks.
ClubShrimp91

Postby Shattered » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:37 pm

You're :welcome:
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Return to General Topics