Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Looking for russian FPS with RPG elements

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Looking for russian FPS with RPG elements

Postby stranno » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:58 pm

It started right in front of a cave with a guy shelling you things. You progress through caves to an underground city, from there you have access to other caves. In the city you get missions ala Borderlands.

It was a post-apocaliptic theme with mutant enemies (rats, worms, maybe humans, etc). You got an inventory with different sizes for different items (like Deus Ex) and i think you could craft weapons with pieces.

It had Deux Ex mechanics, with more exploration and searching for objects than action, but it was mainly a shooter, with weapon on screen.

I belive it was russian language only but i'm not sure. It probably came out before STALKER, 2000-2007.

Thanks!
stranno

Re: Looking for russian FPS with RPG elements

Postby annoyment » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:17 pm

The first title, based on a quick search of MobyGames, that fits (albeit partly, it's a tactics game), is Paradise Cracked (Код доступа: Рай). Please verify and notify :D
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
stranno

Postby stranno » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Thats an obscure one. But its not.

It was an FPS, pretty much like Deus Ex, and the cities were inside caves. At least the main one.

I remember some other enemies were robots and there were, maybe, automatic machine guns.

There wasnt shortcut to weapons, they were equipped through a dummy in the inventory screen (ala Fallout 1/2).

There wasnt much technology, as far as i remember.
stranno

Postby annoyment » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:50 pm

After scouring Wikipedia, the title that fits the best is Pathologic (Мор: Утопия). You know what to do :P
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
stranno

Postby stranno » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Umm no.

There wasnt any inventory hud on screen, as far as i remember, and people around the city was like the miners from Red Faction (i belive).

What i can confirm is that it is not in Steam :P I dont even think the title was translated to english, but i'm not really sure.

Edit: Finally! It was Neuro Hunter (2005). I remembered i got it from Small-Games so i have checked like 100 pages of FPS games :D. Lol, it was not that obscure, in fact, it was distributed by Deep Silver. Not even a russian game, i think :-S

Thanks for your help annoyment.
stranno

Return to General Topics