[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 519: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 519: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
Legends World • View topic - Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project (PC, PSX) (Release)

Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project (PC, PSX) (Release)

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project (PC, PSX) (Release)

Postby doomed » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:15 pm

I wouldn't say that it's perfect but yes, an improvement. It would be helpful if I had saves to every typewriter in the game. Do you have any saves to share?
doomed

Postby kalash49 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:51 am

kalash49

Postby doomed » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Many thanks for the saves and the 32bit exe. I didn't know of that exe, I'll test it later. I googled it and have now caught up with the discussion on vogons. In the past week, coincidentally, I also played around with the DX11 version of dgVoodoo 2 and was hoping to make its bilinear setting filter the masks, that go unfiltered with the game's bilinear setting, but without the weird lines you get on screen (eg also in Dolphin). Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible.

I have already gone through all the backgrounds and copied to a new folder the ones that don't look like proper 640x480, but I'll take a look at your folder too in case I missed any.

RE2's ones have less colors so they are unusable, I have to work with the ones shipped with RE3. And no worries about your English, mine isn't perfect either :up:

edit: 32bit exe doesn't work for me, it says "Internal error". Any ideas?

edit: Actually Dege's exe, from vogons, works it is yours that doesn't work.

Two questions:

1) Why is yours different? What did you change? edit: I suppose Dege's is based on plain RE3, while yours has the various mod features enabled?

2) I also did a fresh install without your mod and your exe is now complaining winmz.dll is not in the folder. What is winmz.dll used for? Putting it back just throws "Internal error" which could mean that that's the culprit.
doomed

Postby kalash49 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:39 am

This exe is compatible only with Restoration Project v 0.8, and by the way, I don't think that it's a mod, since RE0 HD remaster is not a mod, it's just restoration of original by using original materials created by game developers, we just trying to fix their not so well done job and it's still WIP :)

For now RE3RP based on rare USA edition, while Dege exe based on widespread clean UK version, if you try to use it with some clean game version, you will have texts artifacts and totally broken music, without any improvements of our project.
This exe is different cause in RE3RP we've use huffyuv codec for video to minimize it's delay when it start playing, as it says in readme. Video based on huffyuv codec plays with anomaly color tone in game (like on your previous screens) in systems with installed codec packs based on LAV filter. Winmz.dll works along with RE3RP exe. Each time after launch this dll add ResidentEvil3.exe to exceptions of LAV filter section in system registry, so if you rename game exe you've got color tone bug with LAV filter.
kalash49

Postby doomed » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 am

I see. But like I said it doesn't work for me. I did a clean install of RE3 and a clean install of the mod (sorry, it's a short word and I like it, lol!) and then pasted your 32bit exe and it says "Internal error".

Given your modified exe of the mod works, that must mean this new one wasn't modified as successfully. So look into that, because if it doesn't work for me it probably doesn't work for other people too, so it can't be used in future versions. Maybe it depends on some other file that is different for me, so you should include that too?

I spent a few hours yesterday playing around with a single RPD background trying different stuff.

Original - Cleanup - Enhancement

doomed

Postby kalash49 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Interesting problem. Hundreds of people successfully installed this patch and no one reported about any serious problems. As it described in readme, try to disable UAC while installation, also try to install this mod and your game in non Program Files folder. At least, try to use this game version
kalash49

Postby doomed » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 pm

doomed

Postby doomed » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:01 am

My latest idea / experiment:

Better reproduction of the color palette: http://diff.pics/knP3LBQHjKRo/1
(Mouse over to see the difference)
doomed

Postby doomed » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:02 pm

I enhanced 4 backgrounds.

Adravil:
http://diff.pics/1XFvfS6Y5ljM/1

Rocket Launcher locker:
http://diff.pics/1UXGwAZHrn0P/1
http://diff.pics/WamtVtUuV4xt/1
http://diff.pics/YMtgEavoYm5N/1

Comparisons are not in-game, but it probably doesn't matter.

The RPD is enormous, that's why I preferred to work on something smaller scale. :) I have many different methods, some of them come blurry, others a little sharp, others oversharpened. I go through them all and then pick the one that I believe makes the most sense for that particular background.

You'll notice the two backgrounds of the closeup of the locker, one with the key and one without, differ a little in sharpness, because the source images I had to work with differed too. It would be nice if someone copied everything but the key from one background to the other so that they match in sharpness. It should probably be not hard to do in Photoshop.

PNG and JPG download here: http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/Pgk8qdPv/file.html
doomed

Postby kalash49 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:24 am

kalash49

Postby doomed » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am

doomed

Postby kalash49 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:13 am

Hello friends. In a recent weeks we've manage to reach some huge progress in texture replacement for PC version of our project.

There you can also look on screenshots comparison:
kalash49

Postby doomed » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:36 am

Nice. I've been incredibly busy and haven't worked on the backgrounds but I haven't forgotten about them. It's best to wait for your updated mod anyway before I resume work.
doomed

Postby usb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:50 pm

usb

Previous

Return to General Topics