Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ The Island: Castaway Series

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

The Island: Castaway Series

Postby Ali Akbar » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Anyone here played The Island: Castaway gamse by G5. I've played them since I was 6 years old. There was the first one, The Island: Castaway. Really fun and unique game (I have tried to find games similar to it but never did). It ended with a cliffhanger. Then came The Island: Castaway 2, which was a prequel, but was fun. Then they released The Island Castaway: Lost World in 2014, and in my opinion it was the best entry in the series. They added more chapters via updates. It was not connected to the previous games but was a combination of them. Characters from the first and second game reappeared. But the devs fu##ed up, instead of finishing the game by making you get off the island successfully, you crash on another island (happens in chapter 10). Now this is where it got more fun and interesting. Because the first island in Lost World was just a modified version of the islands in the first and second games.

Anyways, this new island was much bigger, and the story got more interesing, but then after finishing chapter 11, you get a message saying that an update is coming soon (more chapters). Here is the horrible thing, it has been saying that since 2015, no update was released, well, 2 updates were released, one in 2018 and one in 2021, but both just claimed to fix bugs, and I played the entire game again and still no chapter 12. And I read that the devs stated that they don't plan to update the game at the moment. I mean wtf, why make a game, update it for a year, and just when you make it interesting, you halt its development. I think the devs were in way over their heads, because they might have run out of ideas for the new island. But still it is wrong.

Do you guys know something I don't, about the game's development or the update people have been waiting for 6 years. And if the devs have indeed abandoned the game (in that case f##k them for doing that, shame on them) then do you know of any other games that are similar to The Island: Castaway games. :thanks:
Ali Akbar

Re: The Island: Castaway Series

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 am

I'm not familiar with the series, but probably if the game is not selling well enough then it won't be worth the effort to provide further updates for years if the developers can't be paid.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

The following user would like to thank Scaryfun for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby hfric » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:56 am

Why not be like me , go Yolo and ask the devs :lol:
Theirs Channel is here
Code: Select all
www.youtube.com/c/g5games
... but from my eye i see they ported it over to Google Play as a Android game ... so maybe this version gets more updates
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby hfric » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:59 am

Also ... i think , they milked this dry and wanted to revitalize it with something more like this
Code: Select all
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPm-6sO1P9U
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:07 am

Scaryfun wrote:I'm not familiar with the series, but probably if the game is not selling well enough then it won't be worth the effort to provide further updates for years if the developers can't be paid.
As far as I know, games like these usually don't sell that much, but I haven't seen other devs stop producing sequels or releasing updates.
hfric wrote:... but from my eye i see they ported it over to Google Play as a Android game ... so maybe this version gets more updates
The first and second games were released for windows and android (pulled from store now), but the third one (Lost World) was released only for android back in 2014, then it became available on windows through the Microsoft store (but only for windows 8-11), and since I used windows 7 I couldn't play it.
hfric wrote:Also ... i think , they milked this dry and wanted to revitalize it with something more like this
I also have this game, called Survivors: The Quest, it is more of a match 3 game, but it is a fun game nonetheless and it is the only game I found that is somewhat similar to The Island Castaway games, but the gameplay and style of The Island Castaway games will always be unique. I just wish the devs finished The Island Castaway: Lost World, it had, and still has good potential. They released 11 chapters by 2015, so I really wonder what is taking them so long that for 7 years they couldn't release even 1 chapter, in fact by now the game should have been finished. I can only see 2 answers, the first, and most plausible one, is that they were in over their heads with the new island and ran out of ideas, and put game production on halt (or even cancelled it), the second, less plausible one, is that they straight up abandoned it, which in my opinion is a pretty shitty thing to do when you finish half or more than half of the game, unless of course it could be what Scaryfun suggested, that they weren't getting enough money and probably had to layoff employees and/or cancel production/updates for many of their games.
Ali Akbar

Return to General Topics