Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Controls input device function simulation/virtualization?

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Controls input device function simulation/virtualization?

Postby annoyment » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:46 am

Anyone here with any expertise with AutoHotKey (and/or other utilities like some mentioned below)? Having issues understanding its inner workings - just wanting to know if whatever key-press script I run, will it unfortunately have to occupy those keys on me physical keyboard, or not (as in have separate virtual input created for a given purpose) :?: AHK/reWASD/vJoy/whatever don't clarify such a thing being possible (finding the documentation language used too confusing) :(
I'd like to have the script sending virtual presses being auto-focused on one program in use - me example use case would be timed hypertap intervals based on pixel-changes in a console emulator :!: This'd leave me actual physical input devices usable for other tasks, without needing to idle other physical inputs plugged as passthrough (essentially "virtual-driver" emulation like Daemon Tools) :huh:
If that ain't the case then screw it; I'd rebind emulator buttons to numpad keys and work my way not using the latter for said other tasks while the script is running :down:
:thanks: in advance :?
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Re: Controls input device function simulation/virtualization

Postby zobraks » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:50 am

:huh:

I can hardly cope with the ON/OFF button of my computer.
zobraks

Return to General Topics