Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ 3 frames source image, editing suggestions?

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

3 frames source image, editing suggestions?

Postby myloch » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:38 pm

Ok, I know this is a weird problem and weird request but I'm not a skilled dude on these things so...

I have this image, as you might notice, it's composed of 3 merged images, this was scanned by me and originally comes from a weird cdrom jewel case that recreated a 3 frames animation with an irregular plastic surface in front of the paper layer. What I want to try to do is extract the 3 frames from the scanned image so that I can create an animated gif or similar. There're plenty of tools and plugins to remove or merge crt style scanlines (deinterlacing) but I doubt it's easy to find something for an image like this.

Please expose your ideas and possible solutions. Any help is REALLY appreciated.
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Re: 3 frames source image, editing suggestions?

Postby annoyment » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:33 pm

Never knew horizontal lenticular prints existed - only ever saw vertical ones live :idea:
myloch wrote:irregular plastic surface in front of the paper layer

Anyhoo, if adventurous (and drunk) enough, research on howto dry off the glue between plastic and paper, then peel off the former and scan the latter (don't whiff anything tho - can't guarantee any results) :wacko:
Otherwise, as is, those are a bastard to scan without overlap (methinks we should be glad home flatbeds are barely able to pull it off, without the need of overkill filmreel processing equipment), let alone split in software (arduous manual layer-masking); or heck, even create in software IMO - and, like you, I've never found ( :google: gives squat) any kinda scripts or automation on any of those processes :x
Alas, best advice I'm able to provide ATM is to try and contact these IA users and inquire how they handle their boxart:
https://archive.org/details/VanquishLen ... 0SE2113PAL
https://archive.org/details/the-nightma ... ng-usa-box
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Re: 3 frames source image, editing suggestions?

Postby myloch » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:08 pm

No glue. Paper part I scanned is the inside label, the jewel case trasparent front part does the lenticular trick.
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Return to General Topics