Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ definition of Doom 3 gameplay

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby dead-meat » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:51 pm

Hiya.
Just talking bout Doom 3 on ICQ and I defined the whole gameplay in a sentence which I want to share with ya'll.

<!--QuoteBegin-dead-meat on ICQ+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dead-meat on ICQ)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->it's just "scary" for the first five minutes... after that it's fun for 2 hrs. and after THAT 2hrs it's just boring ;)[/quote]

oh boy, I'm so intelligent ^^

greetz
dead-meat :up:

PS: Sorry for spam ;)
dead-meat

Postby InsaneFury » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:40 pm

I admit, Doom3 could have been so much better...

I enjoyed playing Doom 3, but that's just because there are little other newish titles I fancy atm. Completed Thief 3 and Asterix & Obelix XXL recently, just finished Doom 3 today. I expected to get some horrific scenes and I played it on the highest difficulty (aside from Nightmare, which wasn't enabled yet), only to find I blazed through the levels with my shotgun, assault rifle and chainsaw. Only used the plasma rifle when I had full ammo for it, and spare ammo could be found scattered around the place. Actually, I almost didn't even use the chaingun, rocket launcher and bfg 'cos I was saving those for the hard parts... that never came... :o

The game could have used more cutscenes, more 'scare' tactics and a hell of a lot of more gore. But I guess the things I want in a Doom game don't fit in the new high-quality engine. Which I ran on the lowest resolution in lowest detail btw... :woot:

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby fatal-3dsl » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:29 am

Hey,
Well when i first got doom 3, i expected it to be scary but found nothin that scared me in that game coz its just too easy, ive never gotten killed by the monsters in it, ive died like 2 times from only falling down places where i tried to jump from a place to another with no success :angry: lol.
Its an awesome looking game though and it is quite fun for awhile, but i still enjoy playin it sometimes jus to see stupid highly detailed zombies walk to me jus so i can beat em up with my fist or riddle em with bullets until they just stupidly disolve leaving me unable to shoot em while there dead to see some of its physics.

But its still a game that gamers shouldnt miss out on, jus so that they can experience the new technology.
overrall i really like this game
fatal-3dsl

Return to General Topics