Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Briefcase Downloader?

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Briefcase Downloader?

Postby ruiya75 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:29 am

For Yahoo mail, there is yahoo pops, for group there are yahoobin & otheres. Isn't there any software for downloading from briefcase? I mean where I put your links and it will be downloaded overnight. I know yahoo stops public shareing of briefcase.
ruiya75

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:56 am

In the FAQ page it is mentioned -

You can by the way use downloadmanagers like FlashGet to download . Especially useful is the "Download everything with Flashget" option if there are a lot of files .
If you stay too long in a briefcase while downloading you might get a message "The requested URL was not found on this server". This is because Yahoo will change locations corresponding to download links so as to avoid direct linking from outside sources. Simply refresh the briefcase, and new correct links will again be available for download.

Unfortunately, you cannot queue up many briefcases as the address links change very quickly....sometimes even downloading one briefcase's contents will not all be done before you have to refresh briefcase and try again. :roll:

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby derek- » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:34 am

that is exactly my experience, too.

being a lazy sod, i've taken the habit to dump the files in all of the briefcases into my netpumper, and let it do the rest.

though i am on adsl (' a disappointingly slow luxury ', harharhar), it all depends on the download speed in a particular briefcase. that speed is normally in the range 2 - 32 kbps (never higher) - so the number of files to download and the speed will determine if the time limit within a briefcase is exceeded.

but when this happens there's no harm done, as indeed refreshing the screen and dumping the non-downloaded files into netpumper anew will do the trick.

now, this is what i call a helluva dandy way to get yer schtuff. i've already mentioned it once (but i think i got away with it) : big big big thanks to the people running this site - even the highest praise falls short.

oh, before i forget, a word of warning about tea : it always wants to be taken seriously.
Last edited by derek- on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
does my status as a super member come with a free supply of bier-und-schnapps ?
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby ruiya75 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:55 am

Not only in briegcase but in every service of yahoo, it changes the url of a particular file at interval in a unoque way. So bot cannot download and to prevent bandwidth. But I have used "photo downloader" and "yahooBin" for groups but never find a proggy for briefcase. Searching for it.
Presently I'm using flashget and since I'm on 56K, If I load a lot of file simultaneously, All will not be downloaded.
ruiya75

Netpumper?

Postby Liamoneal » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:17 am

What exactly is a netpumper? Would it help me. I'm on 56k too.
Liamoneal

Postby derek- » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:42 am

@ Liamoneal : Netpumper is a another download manager with ' resume ' facility for restarting broken downloads (if the server you're downloading from supports that feature, that is - sadly yihaa doesn't).

petite link : download.netpumper.com/

i'm not sure whether netpumper can speed things up, though, but it does let you select some 50 files for download, of which a maximum of 10 will be ' pumped ' onto you hard disk simultaneously.

as i said before, download speeds may vary somewhat : 2 - 32 kbps. so (even on adsl) in some cases my 10 simultaneous downloads come in no higher than 2 kbps. still, that is pretty decent : i quietly let it go about its business while in the meantime i continue surfing the net (hunting for further downloads, haha), or i contribute in this fine site's forae (ehrm, or is that forums ?). hehe.

give it a try, and let us know. cheers.
does my status as a super member come with a free supply of bier-und-schnapps ?
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby kenjiro-sa » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:27 pm

derek- wrote:@ Liamoneal : Netpumper is a another download manager with ' resume ' facility for restarting broken downloads (if the server you're downloading from supports that feature, that is - sadly yihaa doesn't).

petite link : download.netpumper.com/

i'm not sure whether netpumper can speed things up, though, but it does let you select some 50 files for download, of which a maximum of 10 will be ' pumped ' onto you hard disk simultaneously.

as i said before, download speeds may vary somewhat : 2 - 32 kbps. so (even on adsl) in some cases my 10 simultaneous downloads come in no higher than 2 kbps. still, that is pretty decent : i quietly let it go about its business while in the meantime i continue surfing the net (hunting for further downloads, haha), or i contribute in this fine site's forae (ehrm, or is that forums ?). hehe.

give it a try, and let us know. cheers.

Yeah but do u know netpumper have a trojan horse instead? well at least the free version have it...i was looking for the pro version but dont works on the last links for anti-leech...well thats other history lol...

if u dont believe try look at pestpatrol's webpage and search on the banned programs (the list)...

I prefeer use flashget but i download 5 files each time cuz like Scaryfun says yahoo changue the downloable links and u must b patient and b ready when ur downloads r over and changue to the next briefcase or reload the same...

Cya
Follow the reaper !!!
kenjiro-sa

Return to General Topics