[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 519: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 519: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
Legends World • View topic - Patching Thief 2

Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Patching Thief 2

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Postby jjim » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:13 am

This is a curly one for freakboy or anyone else with a technical brain:
I am trying to patch the rip for thief 2 with the official 1.07 to 1.18 patch.
I think the rip is version 1.00 but some of the gameplay implies it is 1.07. The registry setup for the rip is as follows:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Looking Glass Studios]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Looking Glass Studios\Thief 2 The Metal Age]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Looking Glass Studios\Thief 2 The Metal Age\1.0]
"NeverAgain"=dword:00000000

When trying to patch the game it says installation path not recognised - reinstall the game and start again . I have installed the game to c:\thief2.
Any help really appreciated.
jjim

Postby freakboy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:03 pm

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\thief2.exe]
"path"="c:\\thief2"

it also asks for the thief2.exe, though i dont know if it checks if the exe is cracked or not, [i cant check it, because i dont have this game].
freakboy

Postby jjim » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:09 pm

Thanks for that freakboy - that gets the patch started. Halfway through the process stops with the error message in the patch log:

message 9 Message text is Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'intrface.crf'
Error message 3 for filename intrface.crf
Warning text is
error ept0036:
(file doesn't match)

All other previous .crf files were patched and the game runs ok - is there a way to get the patch to skip files that don't match and continue with the ones that do ? Or maybe force it to patch even if it doesn't match - or some other solution? I know it's alot of trouble but this is a very significant patch with major changes.
Thanks again for your ingenious help. :up:
jjim

Postby freakboy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:31 pm

cant help you here. Probably the patch injects the gamefiles into the pack, which is modified by the group that ripped it, and it checks crc and refuses to progress. If someone has an iso of the game, maybe he would be kind and upload the unpatched 'intrface.crf'.
freakboy

Postby jjim » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:23 pm

ok hopefully someone has the original intrface.crf - thanks for your help getting this far .
jjim

Postby freakboy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:27 pm

no problem m8.
freakboy

Postby Hellsgate » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:00 pm

No Flesh Shall be Spared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellsgate

Postby jjim » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:07 pm

jjim

Postby Hellsgate » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:09 pm

No Flesh Shall be Spared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellsgate

Postby jjim » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:25 pm

jjim

Postby Hellsgate » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:56 am

No Flesh Shall be Spared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellsgate

Postby jjim » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:17 am

jjim

Postby Hellsgate » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:02 pm

Who said Warez was EVUL - I had a mate get that same file off a cracked ISO but it must have been a iso after the patch was made cos it was url for eidos - dude that one little file from the rip made the update patch work 100% just because the link was for lglass.com etc - OMFG that is so lame.

o.k Down to fixing the problem

Goto here

[LINK REMOVED]

Use IE to view site - now do you have QuickSFV - NO! well go into the
Download 1st dir and download the Program and also download the Checkfiles.SFV - If you already added those files to your thief2 dir from the 45mb patch I told you about then drop Checkfiles.SFV into the root folder of thief2 after you installed the QuickSFV program and double click on that Checkfiles.SFV file - now all the files that come up bad/crc just download from the address above - I have ziped up each file seperate with file extensions so you know what file is what.

The game .exe's are the patch ones they are not cracked - I will upload this extracted patch for 3DSL with original .exe's for anyone who has original or not to be able to update the game.

If you have the Updated cracked .exe for the patch then I wouldn't mind you uploading for me - If you up a lvl on that site - go into uploads - top right is upload button click on it - works very much the same as Yahoo Briefcase uploading.

Forgot to add - all files go into thief 2 root folder - don't put any in RES folder.

Patch and Play away dude

Hellsgate

:up:
No Flesh Shall be Spared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellsgate

Postby jjim » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:23 pm

Thanks for your great help - good instructions and well organisied.
I hadn't used the sfv before - nice little prog - i needed 6 files - thanks for upping them.
I have upped the crack package to your site with instructions - i got them from gamecopy world - tried several before this one that works.
Another A1 3dsl helper :up: :up:
jjim

Postby Hellsgate » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:42 pm

No problems mate and thx for the crack - I'll package all that up with crack and upload for everyone to download.

P.S Brisbane Lions Sucked real bad (you know what I mean :) ) :angry:

Hellsgate

:up:
No Flesh Shall be Spared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellsgate

Next

Return to Games Support