Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ MorphX: Offline Activation

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: MorphX: Offline Activation

Postby testx » Sun May 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Hello again,
well the international version seems completely updated (reprogrammed/restructured)

1st - The Game uses Tages-Protection + Activation instead of StarForce
2nd - The EXE of the game does not use fmod.dll and stlport.5.1.dll anymore
3rd - PAK files have different header signature (TKAP instead of PAKT, perhaps file structure is also different)
4th - sound.pak (or audio.pak, I do not remember) does not exist anymore, instead there is a folder with the same base name (sound or audio), also the file format is different

There is no way to use the russian EXE even if I copy the missing DLLs into the game folder and even if I patch the header of the PAK files. I tried this all and nothing happens (beside an error message)

Please, can the guy who uploaded/provided the game tell me/us step by step how to activate the game offline, because I could not find such option?

Thanks in advance...

PS: After successful activation there must be a text file inside the game's folder with the activiation code.
<°((((<<
testx

Postby Meddle » Mon May 06, 2013 12:07 am

It's unlikely, PAK is a common extension name, but having said that, it does not mean that all files that have PAK as an extension have anything else in common in terms of file structure.

The execute may still use those dlls, but they made be integrated in the execute itself. This still doesn't really help. I'll pull down the game later and see if I can find a solution.

@testx: this hasn't been mentioned at all, but did you block the game in your firewall before trying to use the serial number?
Meddle

Postby testx » Mon May 06, 2013 12:47 am

Meddle wrote:@testx: this hasn't been mentioned at all, but did you block the game in your firewall before trying to use the serial number?

Well I tried both ways. First I blocked the the game in my firewall, then I tried the opposite but without any internet connection (othewise it would activate the game online)

It seems, that the game needs both: serial and online activation. But if you select "I have no internet connection" or something like that (I have German language enabled) the game saves an html file (game - @ctiv.htm),
which gives you the opportunity to activate the game online via your browser on another PC. The dialog windows also says something that you will receive an text file with the activation code via download after that.

Look at the html source code of that file, there is a hex code hidden, which is sent to the activation server via form Post method, but I could not find a way to use this code to activate the game offline.
Also loot at "c:\documents and Settings\All Users\application data\Tages\" there are some files created there...
<°((((<<
testx

Postby Meddle » Mon May 06, 2013 1:23 am

Does it have an activate by phone option?
Meddle

Postby testx » Mon May 06, 2013 1:41 am

Meddle wrote:Does it have an activate by phone option?

I do not remember, but I think no.
<°((((<<
testx

Postby Terje_P » Mon May 06, 2013 6:50 am

Sorry I didn't look closely at the offline activation option, so it might not work as I though.

And I don't know how to inactivate the game to take a closer look at the activation process.

But if you really want the game you can buy it here:
http://www.thefirstclub.com/no/games/de ... 575-morphx
Terje_P

Postby testx » Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Terje_P wrote:Sorry I didn't look closely at the offline activation option, so it might not work as I though.

Did you bought that game?
If yes, do you have activated it?
If also yes, there must be a textfile inside the game's folder,
which is needed to avoid activation.
<°((((<<
testx

Postby 3dslUserLoad » Mon May 06, 2013 2:34 pm

It seems Terje_P uploaded data from a legally purchased (and TAGES contaminated) copy of this game. To share such data is useless for other 3dsl readers unless an EXE fix or a kg is provided with it.
There still exist another but more elaborated salvation:
http://www.legendsworld.net/phpBB3/viewto ... ead#p61563
3dslUserLoad

The following user would like to thank 3dslUserLoad for this post
testx

Postby Molitor » Mon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Yes, any chance you could reupload this file ? :thanks:
A (pretty) long shot would be convincing a P2P group to remove the protection for us.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby testx » Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 pm

3dslUserLoad wrote:There still exist another but more elaborated salvation: http://www.legendsworld.net/phpBB3/viewto ... ead#p61563

Unfortunately all links are dead :(
<°((((<<
testx

Postby wkduffy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:23 am

Sorry for the necropost. I downloaded this on 4-Shared anyway, but it wants a serial and to install the Tages drivers. Screw the crack on this (I assume the Russian fixed exe is still not working? EDIT: It's not), I'd buy the game outright. But can't find PC version for download anywhere. The for-purchase link (thefirstclub.com) above is dead. Not on Gamersgate, not on GoG, and certainly not on Steam. Anyone have any ideas? Also: Anyone know...was this actually released as a retail box game for PC (I presume as "The Swarm?")? I've seen pics of it, I think. I'd love to get my hands on an actual physical copy with box/jewel case and manual (even though I do see here that a pdf of the manual is included in the 4-Shared files)...but a download-only for-pay English version would be great if anyone stumbles across one...
wkduffy

Postby Molitor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:40 am

I've seen XBOX versions only so far... the English PC version seems to have disappeared completely from the stores (kinda like I Am Alive, but we don't have any clue why).
If we could extract the files from the Russian version, we could create a translation patch, but I had no success at unpacking the game files (3dslUserLoad was able to do it).
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 am

Think the only physical disc was the Russian one as The Swarm. The English release was a digital download.

This one I can't get to go in purchase basket - http://morphx.en.softonic.com/

Here's French page http://www.priceminister.com/mfp/200275 ... =119456022
but game may be in French language, it doesn't say.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby wkduffy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:17 am

WTF! Yeah, I can't get it into the basket either. (Too bad I don't have this same problem at the ice cream store.) Frustrating. There must be something up with the rights or something. I noticed that Buka is actually mentioned as being the dev in the Xbox release PR materials, and Targem, the original dev, isn't mentioned. Maybe someone's wrangling over something. Anyway, maybe I'll try unpacking/translating the Russian Swarm version. (I've got it now, but no promises.) By the way, Molitor, I did just last week score a physical PC copy of "I Am Alive" -- a cheapo "That's Hot!" label from Australia from a seller on Fleabay (link below). There are several listed. Even though I already played the XBL version, I'm old fashioned that way and like physical copies of things still when possible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/I-AM-ALIVE-PC-B ... 2334734326

EDIT: Scaryfun, on the Priceminister link "sur PC," it says the publisher is "Digital Bros" which is the same as the international version (with English) posted earlier (thefirsclub.com dead link) by Terje_P. So, I suspect it is the same international version? Is it worth a $30 investigation? I'll let you know...

EDIT: Couldn't get my US credit card to be accepted, so no go at Priceminister either...
wkduffy

Postby wkduffy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:53 am

Sorry for the double post, but wanted to share some early success. After 5 hours and about a dozen extractor programs, I successfully unpacked the Swarm .PAK files using QuickBMS Generic Files Extractor and Luigi Auriemma's "Clutch.bms" script, which is written specifically to deal with Targem's games. (Thank God for geniuses because I'm not one of them.) I'll see if any of the English language files from the international version can be used with the Russian version in any way. Otherwise, it would be a line-by-line translation, which I'm not sure I have the time for...but you never know. Of course, lots can go wrong in this process, including breaking the game completely. I'll keep everyone up to date. Cheers!

EDIT-- Update, as promised, on the Russian version of The Swarm (fixed exe, game installs and runs fine, but all in Russian): I've got the menus/user interface running in English. Lot's of copying and pasting line-by-line over the past 5 hours, with some Google Translator thrown in for good measure. Time for bed. I'll hit some of the subtitles, in-game documents, and on-screen tuts tomorrow. Fingers crossed, but it's looking OK so far.

EDIT-- In case anyone is monitoring this thread, the deed is done. I've posted "The_Swarm_English" in user uploads. Cheers!
Last edited by wkduffy on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wkduffy

PreviousNext

Return to Games Support