Index ⇒ Console FPS Games ⇒ Duke Nukem 64 on PC!

All topics relating to non-PC first-person shooters go here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Duke Nukem 64 on PC!

Postby BR4ZIL » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:54 am

Hey folks, in case anyone doesnt know already, couple years ago a 3 guys from the duke4 community (including Fox, a brazilian guy! :P ) managed to port Duke Nukem 64 Maps into Duke3d (the maps were not remade or anything, it was literal conversion from the 64's cardridge data)

http://duke64.duke4.net/

Handricks, creator of Duke3d's HDR texture packs was also on it.

Currently they are porting the PS1's exclusive Episode, Plug & Pray from Duke Nukem Total Meltdown.
BR4ZIL

The following user would like to thank BR4ZIL for this post
Scaryfun, user43687

Re: Duke Nukem 64 on PC!

Postby user43687 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:06 am

This is freaking awesome! Hellyea!!!! Too bad their Total Meltdown project failed or was stopped by Gearbox.

So... I know what to play tonight :p

Very interesting, this is not a port, but a conversion right from the cartridge... I'm still wondering if Rainbow Six: Lone Wolf (PSX) and Rainbow Six: Black Arrow (XBOX) are ported as well, if not... I guess someone has to start those ports :lol:
user43687

Postby BR4ZIL » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:43 pm

UberLamer wrote:This is freaking awesome! Hellyea!!!! Too bad their Total Meltdown project failed or was stopped by Gearbox.

So... I know what to play tonight :p

Very interesting, this is not a port, but a conversion right from the cartridge... I'm still wondering if Rainbow Six: Lone Wolf (PSX) and Rainbow Six: Black Arrow (XBOX) are ported as well, if not... I guess someone has to start those ports :lol:

Haha, its awesome indeed. Duke64 has a couple of new weapons and some heavily edited (kinda censored) levels. For folks like us that have played the normal Duke3d, its a really nice change.

There is also Doom64 EX, which is a sourceport of a Doom64 rom (you actually need the sourceport and the rom from the N64 to play it) that allows you to play the game on PC.

But that one is way more widely known than Duke64 :D
BR4ZIL

user43687

Postby user43687 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 am

It's amazing! The other (Doom64 EX) even sounds more complicated, I'm curious how the hell they've managed it, amazing!!! :lol:

This is the stuff I'm always majorly interested in, I hope one day, I can convert a PSX/XBOX game (or levels) to PC :)

Thanks for sharing this stuff here, absolutely awesome!
user43687

Postby BR4ZIL » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:25 am

UberLamer wrote:It's amazing! The other (Doom64 EX) even sounds more complicated, I'm curious how the hell they've managed it, amazing!!! :lol:

This is the stuff I'm always majorly interested in, I hope one day, I can convert a PSX/XBOX game (or levels) to PC :)

Thanks for sharing this stuff here, absolutely awesome!

Haha, the guy that made it is actually already in the game industry now.

He is responsible for the Turok (Formerly known as Turok EX) release on Steam.

I uploaded one of his (so far) failed projects, Powerslave EX (check out the upload forums), it seems the original developers prohibited him from porting the PS1/Saturn version of Powerslave, but luckly for us, he released the game for a short while before it was taken down.

Thus thats why i uploaded it here again :D
BR4ZIL

user43687

Postby user43687 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:47 am

So you were able to grab it in the short time period it was online? Nice job!!!

Ha! Good job this great guy made it to the game industry! He certainly seems capable of some elite stuff.

I remember Powerslave from a demo disc that came with a magazine, I just gotten a Pentium PC for Christmas (actually it was for the family, mostly mine though hehehe). So I started playing some of those hot new games, Powerslave (I believe titled Exhumed) was one of those. All was good fun until I jumped in a Water Well where some scary fish monsters where, I smashed ESC, quit the damned game, and never played it again. To this day, I don't jump in Water Wells just because of that bad experience :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:
user43687

The following user would like to thank user43687 for this post
BR4ZIL

Return to Console FPS Games