Index ⇒ Introductions & Departures ⇒ Slowing down ...

Introduce yourself to the forum or let us know if you are leaving.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Slowing down ...

Postby myloch » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:48 pm

It's not an intro ... it's not an outro ... I'm here just to say it's now official: I'm slowing down and you'll probably see me more on the lurking side and less as a contributor.

Me and my girlfriend *finally* decided to make a decisive step for our relationship and we're going to live together, and this implies *a lot* of work (house makeover to begin with) and it's time to remodel my life priorities too. Other than that, my collector's part is at stake: my most wanted games are more or less the same since last year and I'm beginning to think that for the most part only the holy grails are left to find (aka impossible mission).

Huge thanks to all of ya, with a special mention to Scaryfun, one of the best admins I ever met (10+ years administrating this site with updates on a regular basis, dude you're a machine! :o) and Aclair/Rhymekidder, two AWESOME programmers who used to post here. You disappeared all of a sudden, both of you, it has been a lot of time but I still miss your help, I hope to see ya post and contribute here again in the future. Never say never huh?

Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

The following user would like to thank myloch for this post
annoyment

Re: Slowing down ...

Postby guardsman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:03 am

Congratulations on this big step in your life, myloch~! Hell, if I had a girlfriend who agreed to live together with me, I'd be dropping my interest in all of these games (Well, not all of them but most of them) since I would have something much more better to "play" with (Better than any interactive VR game out there - You can "touch" simulated VR girls in Illusion's VR Kanojo but the girl can't touch you back)! Take your most well deserve rest, my friend! I wish I were as lucky as you~!
:wink: 8)

BTW - "Never say never"? Are you a Sean Connery fan (Reference to "Never Say Never Again")? I personally liked Roger Moore better as James Bond 007!
:cool:
guardsman

Postby myloch » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 pm

myloch wrote:Other than that, my collector's part is at stake: my most wanted games are more or less the same since last year and I'm beginning to think that for the most part only the holy grails are left to find (aka impossible mission).

Lol

Apparently now that I want to leave, a huge leak of never seen before japanese games appeared! :shock:

Some websites are already talking about that: "70 long lost japanese games have been discovered". Amateurs! :lol:, that's not exactly true; some of them were already available here and there, I too have some of them boxed in my shelf (the better dead ratification, sds stardivers, noon, nichibutsu mahjong collection, the witch of salzburg, ankh, dan) while others were already shared by rod_wod of assemblergames.

Sure now that they are upping them to archive.org is all another story.

If I think about how much time, patience and money I spent in finding some of them, I now have mixed feelings about having alternative dumps available.
myloch

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Our efforts most likely caused that to come about. Making rare stuff available for people to play can cause hoarders to change their mind when a lot of their hoard is already available. Owning the physical disks and boxes is a collection in itself which should make a game collector happy. Not allowing others to play those games is simply greedy and egotistical. Plus, early 90s discs are already reaching 25 years in age and they won't last forever.

It's sad to hear that you won't be around as much, hopefully you do check in once in awhile and keep in touch. :hug:
All the best to you in life...just remember to have some me time for yourself to follow your own interests. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby hfric » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 pm

You will kinda never give up on a hobby ... as gaming ,mate ... only pass it to the next generation
next thing you know, she will insist of dumping all those boxes into a store room lulz ... :lol:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby myloch » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 am

Scaryfun wrote:Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

myloch

Postby annoyment » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:50 pm

While it's not as sorrowful as announcing full-on departure (like UberLamer & mentioned Aclair/RhymeKidder), even though your cessation of active contribution & "conversion" to passive form of activity is a sensible one, I still can't help but feel sad (even if by a small margin), since you were a superb contributor to this forums & the abandonware community in general (& one of the pillars as well - the epithet you've used once for me :) ) :(
HIDE: ON
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

Lastly, as Scaryfun had said well, you can still drop in & bump us from time to time (if time would allow you ofc), at least one of us will still be here (or close by at the very least :lol: ) & be glad of that :wink: This is the best I can type of text, so don't feel sad if I missed something out (or mad if some meaning or wording is screwed :D ) :!:
Until then...:thanks: Krizalid, for everything :up: :hi: :hug: :wave:
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby myloch » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm not shutting down, I'm going to hibernation :P
myloch

Postby annoyment » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Here then :lol:
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby hfric » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:59 pm

more like, he had that WIN10 update ...that F-uped all Intel based SSDs :lol:
hfric
3DSL Moderator