Index ⇒ 3D Shooter Mods/Addons ⇒ SugarBomb - Fallout 3/New Vegas Getting An Upgrade?

Let us know any popular mods that should be added to our site or inquiries about those here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

SugarBomb - Fallout 3/New Vegas Getting An Upgrade?

Postby Steve » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:17 pm

SUMMARY
Long time, no write. What can I tell you?

Swallow whatever you're drinking and make sure that you're sitting down firmly in a nice sturdy chair: Fallout 3 is over 10 years old. Yup. I know. Time flies.

And just as time flies, game engines don't get any younger. Operating systems change. DirectX versions change. The engines that games are built on? Not so much. Whether you call what F3/NV is built upon Gamebryo or NetImmerse (and I'm not getting into the middle of that discussion), the reality is that the engine is getting older. Barring some miracle that Bethesda will pry themselves away from professing how wonderful Fallout 76 is, odds are that they're not going to do much to update that engine anytime soon.

Enter the SugarBomb engine: An open-source implementation of the F3/NV engine. Granted, the engine is in it's very early stages and, like most projects of this type, there's no guarantee that they're going to be as successful as OpenMW has been. However, for those of you who continue to enjoy their travels to Megaton & Primm, SugarBomb is the long drink of Sunset Sarsaparilla that you've been waiting for.

LINK
https://github.com/BlackPhrase/SugarBombEngine - Github site for "SugarBomb" engine - Open source implementation of F3/NV engine
Steve

The following user would like to thank Steve for this post
Scaryfun

Re: SugarBomb - Fallout 3/New Vegas Getting An Upgrade?

Postby Scaryfun » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks bud, don't be a stranger. :)
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to 3D Shooter Mods/Addons