Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Disney's Tarzan Action Game: missing background music

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Disney's Tarzan Action Game: missing background music

Postby artemis » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:40 am

Hello!

I was trying to play this: http://legendsworld.net/adventure/game/5228 - the game works beautifully. However, it seems to be missing all background music?
I found the game on MyAbandonware as well, with a RIP version without music and videos, and an ISO supposedly with music and video (the same version as this, I presume) but both don't seem to play the background music at all in any levels. Cutscenes and character voices work just fine.

Anything I could do?
Thanks a lot.
artemis

Re: Disney's Tarzan Action Game: missing background music

Postby artemis » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:23 am

Hey I'm still hoping for some help with this :)
I've tried all versions that supposedly would have the background music but it doesn't play. Otherwise they work perfectly.
artemis

Postby hfric » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Guess you have CDA muted by default in windows ... just unmute it in your Audio Mixer settings
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby artemis » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:13 pm

hfric wrote:Guess you have CDA muted by default in windows ... just unmute it in your Audio Mixer settings

Thank you! :) That sounds super simple but I'm not sure how to do that, I tried looking around and all I can find is guides on how to play them on WMP.
artemis

Postby Molitor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:49 pm

I'd like to know if there is an easy way to do this on Win7/8/10 as well. On WinXP you had a separate level control for CD Audio in the mixer settings, but it's gone as of Win7, possibly Vista too. According to this post, CDA volume control can be brought back with some driver updates.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby hfric » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:59 pm

Yup from Windows 7 and up (Vista still has the old controls) CDA is controlled with WMP ... yeah ... really ... AND IF YOU UNINSTALL IT YOUR FRACKED,
not only that , but wmp also dictates if you play a CD from Analog or Digital source (cables hooked to back of the CD drive, or Digital sound)...So , you have to place a CD in your drive (real or virtual) , Turn on WMP , on the Tab on the left you would now have a UNKNOWN ALBUM , click on it right mouse button , select Digital form the rip and sound menu... play random track ... if you can hear it but, it is too quiet , you have to now use WMP to make the CDA louder (next to the BIG play button its a Spear Icon it Mutes and a Volume selector , crank it up to extremes)

This is ONE WAY ... the ghetto way is to Install Klite http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-li ... k_mega.htm , open the CD with it , listen to the audio and unmute it ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
artemis, Molitor

Postby artemis » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:40 am

Wow, I'm actually surprised at how difficult this seems. I tried looking for the Realtek audio drivers but couldn't find a specific one that'd enable the CD Audio volume bar.
For the WMP thing, I'll have to wait a bit so I can get a CD to try it with. Thanks for the tips :)
artemis

Postby hfric » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:41 pm

you dont need a CD , just mount the Image into a Virtual Drive (a image that has CDA) , then just open WMP ... and unmute it

Welcome to WIN10 that slowly kills offs CD\DVD\BD Media Support ... there is also a options inside Tarzan to turn CD music ... :| wait , how did you installed this game on WIn10 ? since the Install menu is Broken on Win7 and Up it only works in WIN98 and XP ... on 64bit os it asks for a non existing "_Setup.dll" file ... even if this game works native in Win10 ... but if your using that RiP as a Base to boot this game , ehm you know they removed the Media independence from this game that means you get the 70-ish mb of the game minus the 240mb of video and CDA ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby roioros » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:27 am

I just tested this game (I downloaded the Egon's image) and the game works perfectly (with Windows 95 compatibility) on a Windows 7 64 bits.

I mounted the image with "Daemon Tools" and the music is heard when you play it.
roioros

Postby hfric » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:11 pm

roioros wrote:I just tested this game (I downloaded the Egon's image) and the game works perfectly (with Windows 95 compatibility) on a Windows 7 64 bits.

I mounted the image with "Daemon Tools" and the music is heard when you play it.
the game works mate , that thing is clear ... the install menu needs win98/95 compatibility to even work , thats also clear ... the thing is , he plays this in win10 when from "some reason" he cannot hear the CDA ... we don't know if he had problems installing this, so he used the Rip base to boot and the CD to have Movies ... but still you need the CD to have CDA Music , and this he does not have ...

and from WIN7 and up ...M$ deprecated the ability to control CDA , same like with Midi ... those mixers are no longer build into the OS ... from now on to get MIdi back you have to install Coolsoft Virtualmidi , but to control the CDA you have to have WMP (or Klite with MediaPlayer Classic)... so now we are with "YOU ARE HERE" line :lol: when we try to figure out how His version of WIN10 (since there are many versions of Win10) killed his CDA sound

in the end, when something will not work on a Modern PC with its Modern CPUs\GPU\OS ... there is also the Emulation way ... of installing on a VM a old OS and play it this way , or use a VirtualPC or a PS1 Emulator since the PC version is a PS1 port ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
artemis

Postby roioros » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:05 am

I did not read the part he said he was using Windows 10, but yes, you're right, if he has problems playing it with Windows 10, maybe he can try to play the PSX version, as you said, or the N64 version.

He can also try using the PCem, but that is a bit more complicated.

I read that windows 10 has a very bad compatibility with old games.
For the moment, I'm stay with Windows 7, I never had problems with it.
roioros

Postby artemis » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks for the help, guys. I do remember the game working fine on Win7, so I was curious why it suddenly didn't on Win10. Not a big deal, I'll just use a VM :) Thanks!
I do still have the original disc somewhere in the storage, so I might try that sometime when I've found it to see if that works.
artemis

Return to Games Support