Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Call Of Duty Installation Issues  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Call Of Duty Installation Issues

Postby Ali Akbar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 pm

I have downloaded Call of Duty: Deluxe Edition 4CD ISO Demo 2.67GB (upped by Shattered) and then I mount it in a virtual drive using PowerISO, and it installs fine till the end and then it asks me to insert CD 1 again, and after I mount it and click the "ok" button, after a few seconds it gives me this error "An I/O error occurred while installing a file.This is normally caused by bad installation media or corrupt installation file" and gives me 2 options, abort or retry. Retry doesn't do anything so I abort the installation and get a "setup.exe has stopped responding". I downloaded the game again using jDownloader but still the same error, so I tried mounting it using Daemon Tools Ultra but again it gave the same error, I remember installing this game using a retail disc that I got as a gift, and it installed perfectly fine, but now it gives this error over and over again. I checked Event Viewer and it gave this:

For PowerISO install:
Faulting application name: Setup.exe_unknown, version: 9.2.204.0, time stamp: 0x3bd86c3f
Faulting module name: GLC33DC.tmp, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3d29f04d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00019643
Faulting process id: 0x15ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56502178dde5d
Faulting application path: E:\Setup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\@#$*%\AppData\Local\Temp\GLC33DC.tmp
Report Id: 3023f2d2-d0f6-11e9-8956-dc0ea13f1413

For Daemon Tools Ultra Install:
Faulting application name: Setup.exe_unknown, version: 9.2.204.0, time stamp: 0x3bd86c3f
Faulting module name: GLCDEBE.tmp, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3d29f04d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00019643
Faulting process id: 0x240
Faulting application start time: 0x01d564a9d868f023
Faulting application path: H:\Setup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\@#*%$\AppData\Local\Temp\GLCDEBE.tmp
Report Id: c948c8d9-d09d-11e9-8956-dc0ea13f1413

I deleted those files and tried again but still the I/O error, so, is there something wrong with my memory or I just need to clean install windows :huh:, please I need help on this one, I don't get what is the problem with that I/O error because Event Viewer doesn't give any clues about it, and what is that corrupted file or bad installation media meaning. Please help me. :thanks: in advance.
Ali Akbar

Re: Call Of Duty Installation Issues  Topic is solved

Postby annoyment » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 pm

1. Try ignoring the error in the first place, and applying the NoCDs then playing normally - certain editions of InstallShield (like the one on Vice City, for example) tend to produce this kind of behavior after completing the installation process, RIGHT ON clicking OK at the prompt after disc swap :!: No worries, the game can still be uninstalled properly :wink:
2. Replace the image mounter with DAEMON Tools Lite, at the very least, then do the process again - anything is better than PowerISO :-x
3. If all else fails, go get the ElAmigos repack of the Deluxe Edition elsewhere online - that one works without issue (personal experience) :mrgreen:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
Ali Akbar

Re: Call Of Duty Installation Issues

Postby Ali Akbar » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:46 am

Thank you very much, did manage to play it with no-cd but can't uninstall it, gives a "could not find INSTALL.LOG" error while uninstalling, just tried Daemon Tools Lite along with Ultra, didn't work :(, and thanks for the ELAmigos release info, going to get that. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :D :hug: :)
Ali Akbar

Return to Games Support