Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ [Can't run] Mystery Dungeon: Asuka Arrives (Windows, Japan)  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

[Can't run] Mystery Dungeon: Asuka Arrives (Windows, Japan)

Postby KorraR » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Fushigi no Dungeon: Furai No Shiren Gaiden Onna Kenshi Asuka Kenshan for Windows! [J]
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer side-story: Female Swordsman Asuka Arrives for Windows.

Obtained here.
http://legendsworld.net/adventure/game/9983

I've tried to install the "No CD patch" and just get an error message that translates to it not being able to open. I've tried running the game in compatability mode from WIndows 98 to Windows 7. I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro. I've tried running it as an admin with a "Locale Emulator" set to Japan. It shows up in Task Manager as a background process and then quietly vanishes. I'm assuming the No CD patch thing probably has something to do with it. I only discovered that more recently while trying to re-install the patches.

I tried to install a virtual machine but technology isn't really my thing and I couldn't figure it out.

Pictures
I managed to install the patch after trying in this folder.
I've tried running everything with "Application" as a name in the locale emulator as an admin and it's the same result as always.
KorraR

Re: [Can't run] Mystery Dungeon: Asuka Arrives (Windows, Jap

Postby annoyment » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 pm

Found a mirror with a couple different files + some instructions, give it a whirl (also I recommend you set an actual Japanese locale on Control Panel rather than rely on emulators):
HIDE: ON
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

UPDATE: Used Molitor's DL, applied both patches from there, then extracted the contents of AsukaPlus onto the game's Program Files, et voila :mrgreen:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
Scaryfun

Postby KorraR » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am

Somebody sent me that Mega link because I was mentioning I couldn't get it to work. One of the patch files never seems to work and I can't even get the game as a desktop icon to run the locale emulator. One of the many things I also tried already was setting my region to Japan as well as changing my PC date back to the months just after release. (Worked with Gears of War PC).

Edit: I just tried for the 5,000th time. The no-CD patch just gives me an error message every single time I try to open it. I've been messing with this shit since December 5. I'm closer to being able to make the cash to just buy the actual disk than I am to ever get this running.
KorraR

Postby annoyment » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:33 pm

First off, SafeDisc no longer works (especially on modern OS), Microsoft removed that function with an update (and for the better), thus it's not worth tracking down a physical copy - unless there is an irresistible desire for paperweights :lol:
Second, changing date and using compatibility settings affects nothing (and I still have no issues with the game not running) - it's not a limited trial demo or similar to have such a limitation (or Diablo for that matter) :|
Third, apart from Japanese locale, DON'T run any exe off of so many sub-folders with unorthodox characters, and turn off the antivirus during the entire installation and patching process no matter what (I know AVG gives me trouble at times) :huh:
Fourth, which patch gives you issues - the official InstallShield one (AsfPCN1800.exe) or the other NoCD one? If the former installed successfully, and the latter is the problem (it MUST be installed in THAT order), then here's an archive with the EXE successfully patched (no need to use the NoCD patch at all) :!: IF even the former patch gives you trouble (like DATA013.BIN incomplete error or something), do a fresh re-install of the game from scratch then try again :idea: If that fails again, then IDK, post screenshots on every step you take on the installation process, or send a video, or the installation's contents or whatever :blink:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby KorraR » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:10 pm

I have no idea what SafeDisk is. I'm buying a physical copy no matter what.

Changing the date worked for Gears of War PC. It was the only thing that got it to work.

The No-CD patch is giving me issues. It doesn't open or run. Just like I said in my last message.

That archive works about as well as the No-CD patch does. I install it in the order of game, then offline extension patch and then nothing because nothing else even opens.
KorraR

Postby annoyment » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:56 pm

SafeDisc is DRM, as in copy protection, as in it protects software from being run from illegally distributed copies, as in that is why street-vendor burned disks always came with cracks in one of the folders :stupids:
Now, you should know that SafeDisc has been used and revised all the way up to 2009, competing with other DRMs such as StarForce (in short: an atrocity), Tages (succeeded by SolidShield), and SecuROM (succeeded by Denuvo - THAT should ring some bells), until the developer Macrovision acquired some other company, ceased with copy protection completely, and started a different business altogether :!: Thus SafeDisc has been silently terminated (ceasing implementation services & support & updates & all else), and was legacy-supported by Windows right up to 2015 when that function was removed for the sake of security :idea: So, no matter what, the physical copy is no longer of such value, and thus you are foolish here :(
Just do it in THIS order of game :arrow: offline patch :arrow: my NoCD archive - and if still doesn't work THEN apply AsukaPlus :blink:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby KorraR » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:44 am

I've already done that multiple times. That archive runs as well as the NoCO patch.
KorraR

Postby annoyment » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Why does it show you're trying to run it from Documents? What is wrong with it working from the Program Files? Use Revo Uninstaller to also remove traces of it in the registry (perhaps due to installation directory screw-up or something similar), disable all Administrator-related limitations, enable DirectPlay, then do ALL the steps again, this time solely on the "Program Files (x86)/CHUNSOFT" :!:
annoyment

Postby KorraR » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:33 pm

KorraR

Postby annoyment » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:05 pm

Well then, now try each of these workarounds and/or combine them until PROFIT:
1. Install DirectX 9.0c fully from here...
2. Discard AsukaPlus - it is meant for Windows 10 in the first place...
3. Do the complete installation process on a non-system HDD partition (as in not C:\) - zero hassle with AppData & Documents & UAC etc...
4. Apply AsukaLib - this modified DLL fixes CPU issues known to appear on modern systems...
5. Apply noop - skips logo and intro FMVs by dummying out their files, so back those up before overwriting (in case you don't want to bother with K-Lite Codec Pack :| )...
6. And lastly refer to these troubleshooting pages - 32-bit & 64-bit...
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Re: [Can't run] Mystery Dungeon: Asuka Arrives (Windows, Jap  Topic is solved

Postby KorraR » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:27 pm

I know this is a really old forums thread. But I found out most likely why I couldn't run this game.

Apparently it has known issues running on Windows 8 but apparently it works find on Windows 10. (Source was a Japanese Amazon listing for this game.)
KorraR

The following user would like to thank KorraR for this post
Scaryfun

Postby hfric » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:31 am

to be frank , win8 was not made for games ... same with this win8.1 that had the start button back then its Touch Future Tiles ugly Menu ... Win7 was for games , and Win10 from 1607 (check with winver) but only if you Enable Legacy Support , install old drivers and add few missing dx8\dx9c apis ...

Win8 was a retrofit mobile OS from WindowsMobiles , same with Win9 that was called Surface for surface tables ... when Microsoft wanted to push for Symbiotic Community ,when Xbox One with PC and Surface Tables (with other Surface powered devices) could talk to each other
Code: Select all
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRU3NemA95k
... the problem was, Google was first with its Android OS , and its strong push for tablets and Android Powered TVs (Today's Smart TVs that ALL RUN ON ANDROID OS) made MS lose the battle and the idea was scrapped ... that's why you did not get Win9 ... and they went straight for the many versions of "Win10" ... and thats why XboX One had to be redesigned 4 times each with now Win10 DX12 , then Win9

Anyway its a Safedisc DRM protected title with a backdoor crack, that uses a hole in the DRM aka still needs Safedisc drivers on your OS ... from Win7 safedisc was disabled in Windows , the only way to run this game is to get the unprotected Exe that was made to run in new 64bit Win10 OS... or Run it WinXp in a WM (virtual machine) on your Win8... thats it , this game will not run in Win7\Win8\Win8.1
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Return to Games Support