Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ A safe version of the VtMB Unofficial Patch

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

A safe version of the VtMB Unofficial Patch

Postby Fighter4575 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:41 pm

I just recently reinstalled the GOG version of Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines, which has the Unofficial Patch Basic 10.0 pre-installed, after hearing many great things about it and after finding out about the sequel (yes, i won't be able to play it but that's fine) and i want to install the latest Plus version of the patch but the last time i tried to get it, i got a RiskTool virus, which seriously messed up my laptop by making it extremely slow and overheat it like i put it in a furnace (seriously, i could smell it). Hell, it was having problems trying to play Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition's cutscenes properly, in game. I got rid of it and around 30 malwares through Malwarebytes. All of this happened in January and since it affected my laptop, its not a false positive.

Now, i have heard that this only exists in mirrors of the download, like ModDB and i downloaded it from ModDB but i'm not sure about that. So, in order to make sure that this doesn't happen again, i'm asking from someone who has downloaded the patch to tell me if there is a safe version of the patch, either on patch-scrolls.de or any other site. I am not going to download it from patch-scrolls.de or any other site after i get a reply.
Fighter4575
Advanced Member

Re: A safe version of the VtMB Unofficial Patch

Postby hidraslick » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:52 am

Hello there are two methods u can use to test files, either create an isolate a VM (Virtual machine) to test the game or use sandboxie which works by running the app or program in an isolated environment. Hope it helps.

Edit: Patch-scrolls.de is a very safe place to download your patches from, at least I haven't get any problems with any patch I have downloaded from there in the past.
hidraslick

Return to Games Support