Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Galaga: Destination Earth img not working  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Galaga: Destination Earth img not working

Postby vintagecdromgirl » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:15 am

hey guys
this may sound odd, but i can't get the image (.img) file of Galaga Destination Earth to work...does anyone know a way to fix that?
vintagecdromgirl

Re: Galaga: Destination Earth img not working

Postby annoyment » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:09 pm

Telling yeh once again, mount the discs using its accompanying sheet files (in this case CCD or CUE, former being CloneCD specialized and therefore recommended in this case, but the latter also works) and NOT the image files directly (zero issues in this case on my end) :omg:
And STOP converting stuff to ISO - ESPECIALLY for multichannel titles :x Please read this linked post fully (heck, the whole topic if need be - and for further clarity, this addendum) for proper qualitative archival and cease this ISO-like treatment/fixation of yers - as I was saying in the chat, it's redundant (I know yer an excellent contributor, and can't be thanked enough for preserving so many rarities and kiddies, but just pleading yeh to not bowdlerize anymore, and begin taking such non-data stuff into account more seriously) :|
Shattered wrote:The ISO format is not suitable for backing up copy protected discs and CDs with audio tracks. Make sure to use the native image format of the tool to backup the protected disc(s) and NOT the ISO format!

Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Re: Galaga: Destination Earth img not working  Topic is solved

Postby Shattered » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:13 am

I've moved the topic to the "Games Support" forum. The download and image are working fine.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Return to Games Support