Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Multiple ISO files???  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Multiple ISO files???

Postby batayan » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:02 pm

I'm sure this is some basic level stuff but I'm quite new at this so I apologize. I downloaded the Zeddas: Horror Tour 2 zip. It contains 3 zip files (it's divided in 3 parts) with an ISO each and I'm not sure if I should unzip all three of them or just the first one or if I should just leave them as they are. Basically, how can I run a game with multiple parts on a VM? Is it the download divided in 3 parts or does the game need 3 disks? I looked around but didn't really find an answer, it seems like everyone already knows these things... :huh:
batayan

Re: Multiple ISO files???  Topic is solved

Postby Meddle » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:28 pm

It's only 1 iso file / cd image. Each of the three parts should be situated in the same folder to be unpacked, otherwise the unpacking program will throw a hissy fit about not being able to find one or more of the parts.

It looks like scaryfun packed it with WinRAR. It's probably best to unpack it with that, but 7zip should also work.

Once its unpacked and you are left with "HT2.iso", its ready to use. Either mount it or burn it to a cd-r.

Edit: I forgot to add you should select "ht2.part1.rar" to begin the unpacking, WinRAR or 7zip will know what to do with the other 2 files. The included .sfv is just for file verification to make sure that the files did not become corrupt via the download process. If one or more of the files did become corrupted then the unpacking process will stop with an error and you should use the sfv to figure out which file is bad and needs to be re-downloaded. QuickSFV is a good program for that.

Code: Select all
http://www.quicksfv.org/
Meddle

Re: Multiple ISO files???

Postby batayan » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:49 pm

Thank you for clarifying! I really appreciate it :D
batayan

Return to Games Support