Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Question about non-available downloads

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Question about non-available downloads

Postby Smiling Spectre » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:14 am

Sorry for placing this into "site siggestions" - I don't know, where to put it.

Can anyone explain me, what message "Download: None currently available." means? I understand it for last years games - it is written in the rules - but what about older games? Is this message means, that site haven't game at all, have, but cannot distribute it, have broken download or something else?
Smiling Spectre

Postby Virgil » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:43 am

Yes, for older games it could mean, that we don't have them(in rare cases) or links died and no one re-uploaded them yet.
Virgil

Postby Smiling Spectre » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:48 am

Ok, thanks, I will remember that. I have some of such games, but also I have very strict limit of traffic and upload speed of 64kbit. If I'll notice something, that I can upload, I'll say...

Oh, Virgil, you not answer, and I don't understand last time, what wrong with Infocom? :) If you have the same collection as me, you must know, that is valid CD-set. Or I miss something?
Smiling Spectre

Postby Virgil » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:31 am

Infocom Masterpiece collection I have is just a set of files, not a CD-image, so I can't check is it original or someone else slapdash. There's seems to be all games with manuals and other papers, but I don't know for sure. I never seen this CD on the net.
Virgil

Postby Smiling Spectre » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:19 pm

I check here and there. For example, here is description and covers. 33 games+"surprises" mentioned in this covers. There or there is description, and it's exactly matched my files. Only catch, that I can see is that original is PC/Mac CD. If I burn this files on CD, will Mac read it? In any case it definitely can be sold as original CD for any PC-user, so why not to place it for download, maybe with notice? :)
(You understand, as you have this disk, for me this is only theoretical question. But I see no barriers for your to ISOing disk and uploading it :)).
Smiling Spectre

Return to Site Suggestions